Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Pallet Bench

 
Living in a new development means that the builders will sometimes throw away really nice pallets of wood.  The other night, Jon Mark, the kids, and myself went out looking in dumpsters for pallets.  I found two nice ones.  I used my nifty jig saw to cut them down to several boards about 16 inches long.  Then, I screwed them onto two long pine boards, and two end pieces, to make the bench top as shown below.
 
 
I cut more wood to be the legs and the supports and Jon Mark helped me screw those on.  I sanded the heck out of it, and stained it a nice Jaco Bean color.  It was super easy, and it looks great, too!  Now, I have a solid wood bench that cost next to nothing.  Yippee!

 
Luke had so much fun helping me build it.  He was my official screw hander.

No comments:

Post a Comment