Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Baby Girls

I loved having baby girls.  Bonnets and pink frills, lace and little shoes.  It's all so cute.  My girls grew (grow) hair so slowly, and they (didn't) don't wear bows or flowers.  But, I loved putting them in bonnets.  I have given away most of their baby clothes. The really special sets I have put away in my cedar chest so that at some future day I can hold them up and show a granddaughter what her mommy used to wear.  But, then there were other items that I cut up to put into a quilt.
 
I am not a quilter, and I am not a perfectionist.  I am a firm believer that hobbies should be fun and relaxing.  I guess if I want a challenge I will go run on the treadmill and try to PR.  My hobbies aren't the place for frustration.  As a result, I have dappled in a lot of things, but I am not a master of anything.  So, I guess everyone has their own way of doing things.  I say all of that as a preface for my quilt.  It is not perfect.  Michelle's quilts are perfect.  But, that's because she unpicks threads and spends HOURS accomplishing it.  Her quilts are awesome.  Just don't look too closely at mine. ;)
 
I added the bonnet and a topper with the names Mercedes and Hannah.  I want to hang it in their room.
 
Okay, so the fish onesie was a favorite of mine.  It was so cute on them.  It opened in the back like an apron or pinafore. 
 
The polka dots were a part of a jacket.  It always tricked me because some of the polka dots are the exact same color as infant poop.  I always thought my girls had blown out of their diaper.  Haha!
 
The citrus fruit was a jumper that didn't have any snaps in the crotch so it made diaper changing difficult.  However, it was a cute little romper that whenever my grandma saw it she said it looked "happy". 
 
The gray and red pieces were a shirt and shorts combo that had a rainbow on it.  Hannah used to always pick it out whenever she had the opportunity to choose what she wore.
 
All of the flowers were onesies that were a step up from your everyday onesie.  They were feminine and cute, but fully functional.
 
The checkered onesie was one like the fish one.  It had flowers.
 
I added the bonnet because it is so precious and I loved it.  Hannah wore it.  I had one for Mer too, but I don't know where it is.
 
Anyway, I'd like a girly frame, pink or something, but I had this one on hand.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment