I know my last few posts have been a little on the gloomy, end-of-the-world, side. But, the truth is, it is scary. Even still, our hearts should hold fast to the knowledge that God is at the helm. So long as we remain faithful, we do not need to fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. We need to have faith, and remember who we are and whose we are. I wrote the following a little while ago, but didn't have it recorded here. So, I am recording it here now.
I've often pondered what it means when one uses or hears the phrase "men's hearts shall fail them". I think that when our hearts fail us, we are forgetting who we are. The faith that lifts us is left by the wayside and we allow fear to control our thoughts. There is encouragement in the words found in the hymn Come Come Ye Saints. While it is an LDS hymn, I believe that these particular lines can be applicable to people of all faiths.
"Why should we mourn or think our lo...t is hard, tis not so all is right. Why should we think to earn a great reward, if we now shun the fight. Gird up your loins, fresh courage take, our God will never us forsake; and soon we'll have this tale to tell-- All is well! All is well!"
When I was pregnant with my fourth baby, the doctors and nurses were sure that something was wrong with her. I was encouraged to terminate my pregnancy. Termination was not something that I would ever consider. My baby was my baby and she was sent to me for a reason. I knew that I would love her and keep her no matter what the outcome may be. My husband and I went through a time period of complete worry and stress, some may say that I had a moment in which my own heart was failing me. But, in the darkest moments of that pregnancy, I made a choice. I kneeled in prayer and I accepted the Lord's will for my child. I knew I wasn't getting anywhere on my own. I needed and I desired the Lord's comfort. From that moment on, I felt peace. Complete peace. My faith had been restored and I felt the love of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ helping me through that trial. I had my baby, and she was just fine. But, she would have been perfect no matter what. I'm grateful that she is healthy, but I also know that if she hadn't been born healthy, my husband and I were prepared to overcome any trial or obstacle that would have come our way, because of where we had placed our faith. We made the choice to trust in our Savior, Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment