My dad invited Cub over for pizza the other day. Caleb was excited until he saw that the pizza was an everything pizza. He took one look and said, "yuck! Where's the real pizza?!" He thought he was tricked, and he was mad when he realized that that was the only pizza Papa had.
At the store the cashier asked him if he was the boss. He said, "No, silly, Jesus is the boss."
He loves dinosaurs. Joshua broke it to him the other day that the dinosaurs were dead. He was very concerned and ask how they died. Joshua told him that an asteroid wiped them out.
"How did they die though? Did their heads fall off"
"Yup, their heads fell off."
"How did they get under the ground?"
"Well, they were dead, so we had to bury them."
He has figured out that he was jilted. The other kids have more than one personal lullaby. We call them birth songs. He wanted more than one too. But, it had to be a cool one not a baby one and it needed to be about dinosaurs, not sunshine. So I changed the words to the song You Are My Sunshine, it was kind of a nonsense song, but he liked it. We've hijacked some of the other kids songs and changed the name to Caleb.
I have LOVED having him home with me this year. I will be so sad when he goes to school. We were at the store and I said to him how much I was going to miss him next year. He said, "I know, but I guess I just have to be a husband now. Wait... wait... where am I going next year?" I laughed and said kindergarten. He said, "Oh! I thought I had to be a husband now."
He told me the other day that he was going to try to bring Hannah to Jesus's side. He also told me that Jacob wanted to be on Jesus's side but he is naughty, so he is on Satan's team. Yes, we had a good talk about that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment