Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Updates

Joshua: Keeps growing up. He may have a third loose tooth.  He is not losing his teeth as quickly as he would like or as quickly as his classmates, but he may have a third one coming out soon. He is excited to be getting baptized soon. We have focused our latest FHE's around baptism so that he is prepared. He is excited to be getting a real suit when he turns 8. He still says funny things. He innocently says things that could be deemed as racist or sexist. The other day Jon Mark was playing soccer with Joshua and he turned his hat around sideways and didn't put it on his head all of the way. It was more just resting on the top of his head. Joshua laughed and said something like, "Dad, you can't wear your hat like that, you don't have brown skin. If you did have brown skin I'd say, it looks cool dude." His teacher met with me the other day and told me that his standardized test scores are always high. She pointed out that his school work is sub-par compared to what he is capable of. This opened up a great opportunity for me to have some meaningful discussion with him about his potential and the plan God wants for him. I may have already blogged about it, I can't remember, but it was a really good discussion.

Mercedes: Mercedes went on a daddy daughter date last weekend. Jon Mark took her to see the new Cinderella movie and she dressed up like Cinderella. She looked so cute. She is very responsible with Caleb and is quite a nurturer. She likes to hold him and kiss him. She is bothered by his crying and will try to soothe him. She recently made it into the 100 Club. This has been a goal of hers all year long. She can now count to, and write to the number 100. She was so proud of herself and had the biggest smile on her face when she showed Jon Mark and I the paper. She wishes that she still shared a room with her brothers. They are all really good friends at night time. She feels like she is missing out. We keep telling her that Hannah will play more with her someday.

Luke: Luke is my big helper. He is really motivated to help. I look to him to help me most because I know he won't fight me on it like his siblings. He doesn't complain, he just says, "sure". He loves to eat pizza and prays for it every night still. He like apples and strawberries, a lot. He likes playing with his cars and riding his scooter. He is quite coordinated for his age in nearly any activity he tries. He likes showing me tricks on the scooter and trampoline. Recently, he had a nightmare and came into my room. He told me all about the crocodiles that were trying to eat him and gobble him up. He was so cute, but I know he was also very scared. I let him sleep next to my bed in the big recliner.

Hannah: Hannah is so cute and feisty. She does this thing now where she wags her finger at you and says (rather demands) that you, "watch! Watch!" Then, she will do some silly little trick like spin in a circle and spit at the same time, or run really fast while shaking her head. It's really funny and I hope I can always see it in my mind when I think back upon it. She is more determined lately to not be left out. She puts up a fight when she thinks she is being left behind. She still takes great naps, but she lets me know she isn't happy about it. She talks well. She likes to tattle on her siblings and wags her finger at them. They all think that she is absolutely hilarious.

Caleb: Caleb is so precious. I love feeling him sleep on my chest. He is a bit more high maintenance than my other newborns. If he is awake, he expects to be held. He cries if he isn't. But, he immediately stops crying when I pick him up and snuggle him. He gets a lot of gas at night and fidgets and squirms. I have to help him get the bubbles out. He usually ends up sleeping on my chest for half of the night because that is how he is most comfortable. I get tired, but I know that the newborn stage is short lived and so I should enjoy it while I can. He is a great nurser and has taken to sucking a pacifier. None of my other kids did, and he looks so cute doing it. He holds the paci in his mouth with one hand. He likes to be swaddled with his hands tucked under his chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment