Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Family Is Of God

Jon Mark took the kids to church and I am at home. I had the opportunity to watch the General Women's Conference from home. Technology is amazing in that regard.

I love the children's song, "God Gave Us Families". The message of the song is not a popular one by the world's standards. It talks about the different roles that a father and a mother have in the family. It even talks about how children play a purpose in the family. The chorus is, "God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be. This is how he shares his love, for the family is of God." There is much confusion in the world regarding families. I'm so thankful for a living prophet. I know that the gospel is true. I'm grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel in my life to guide me and my family. There is so much happiness in my life, and I know it is because of how I have been taught and how I have chosen to live the gospel standards. I wish I could put into words how much joy and love that I have for my husband and my children. The family really is the structure that teaches us how to love as God loves and how to serve one another.

As I have been recovering from childbirth, I have seen the love in which others have served me. My extended family has served me in countless ways. My husband serves me so graciously everyday. It truly is romantic when Jon Mark wakes up early with the kids so that I can get more sleep. And, nothing says romance like taking off work to stay home with me after I had a really good cry from feeling a little overwhelmed. He's done dishes, cleaned counters and tables, changed more poopy diapers than I can count, grocery shopped, made dinner, went on a daddy daughter date, played tirelessly with the kids, and even took them all to church by himself. He's such a great man and I am so glad he is mine. I wish that all children in this world had a dad like my husband. He does a great job. I wish every woman in this world had a husband like him. This world would be a better place.

I loved the talks that were shared about the family. We need to defend the gospel truths. We belong to the family of God. Our earthly families need to be defended. We are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us and we love Him. He sent us to earth to learn and grow. I am thankful for the family I grew up in. My parents taught me how to live so that I can return to Heavenly Father. They taught me how to reach out to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They showed me how a family ought to be. A lot of the happiness I find in my own family comes from the examples I observed from my parents. I also know that Jon Mark was raised by wonderful examples. Mom and Dad McAvoy are amazing people. I am grateful for the way that they raised their children.

Heavenly Father's plan is to unite His children with Him. It is one of love. We need to reach out and share his plan with others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment