This year marks my 33rd year. Crazy! How did 33 years go by? Well, I will tell you that 33 years passed me by about as fast as it takes for salt to dissolve in water. Life has been good to me. I have 5 children and a husband. Our nights are never quiet. My health is good. What more could I want than that? Jon Mark told the kids that I am 29 again for the fourth time. This confused them. He said that it was an old person joke. So, does that make me old then? I don't know about that, but I do know that no matter how old I get, Jon Mark will always be older, so the joke's on him! :)
Mercedes kept telling everyone that I was 23. At 23 I was just getting married and starting a career that would last 2 years as a 3rd grade teacher. That year, I worked my way into being in the best physical shape of my life (in preparation for the time in which I would get pregnant). I was hiking and running so frequently and the outdoors were my "quiet place". The year 23 was a good year, but so is 33.
Jessica is in town this week. She called me to ask me what my birthday plans were. I really didn't have any. I had already had a birthday date with Mercedes (we got pedicures), and that was all I really wanted for my birthday. She was so cute the way she giggled and laughed when the man massaged her toes. She thought that it tickled. She got so dressed up for our date and looked like a little lady in her long pink dress. But, Jessica was very thoughtful and didn't want me to feel forgotten on my birthday, so she planned an evening at my house. The McAvoy's came over and made me a breakfast dinner (which was my request). We had eggs and bacon and a waffle bar. It was super yummy and a lot of fun. Jon Mark offered to pick me up a cake on his way home from work, but I told him that I just wanted him to come straight home so that I could see him sooner. So, he put candles in my waffles and I blew them out. I felt very loved. My parents and my in laws went in on getting me a blender for my birthday present. I have been wanting a blender for quite some time now. I am excited to use it. We will also be celebrating my birthday with the Haws's on Sunday. My mom is making Vanessa and I a cake of our choice and we will be sung to.
You gotta love the pictures below. Jaron totally photo-bombed the shot. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment