Joshua usually draws something that has to do with a scene or an invention that he has made up in his head. I think the first picture is a submarine, but I am not sure as to what was happening in the scene. Joshua would have a very detailed explanation and be sure describe each little pencil mark. Everything was made on purpose and everything serves a purpose, if that makes sense.
The other day, Mercedes missed Joshua and so she put together a gift for him and wrapped it in a grocery bag. It held a sucker from her own candy stash, and some twisty ties from the grocery store because she thought he would like making something out of them. She sure does know her brother. She placed the present on his pillow and then got nervous that he would not like it. She said, "what if he doesn't like my gift, Mom?" I told her he would. She was so excited to give it to him and she was even more excited when he reacted with gratitude. In response, Joshua wrote Mercedes a sweet Valentine note. Then, he made one for me and Jon Mark and placed it on our pillows. It makes me so happy when I see my kids doing thoughtful deeds for one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment