I cannot believe that it is already November. Time moves on and speeds up. Luke doesn't have a new journal yet, so I thought I should record some of his experiences here for him.
The other day he and his two younger siblings went to the church house to practice for the upcoming primary program. When he came home, he very excitedly told me that he had had a vision. He recounted that the spirit was so incredibly strong as they sang the song, Restored, and that he didn't have words for how the spirit had filled the chapel. He said that at the height of the feeling in the room, he watched as Great Grandpa Peterson, Great Grandma Peterson and Gavin all walked into the chapel and sat down to listen to the music. He said that Great Grandpa appeared to be in his fifties, wearing a black suit and tie, Great Grandma sat next to him and his arm was draped over her shoulders. She was wearing a floral dress and carried a purse of some sort, just like they were going to church. She was older, the way he had remembered her in this life. He thinks that the reason she was older was because that's how he'd recognize her. He said that they smiled at him and Hannah. He said that Gavin was in his prime with hair that looked like Jon Mark's hair. He said he felt like it was a vision and that they just wanted him to know that they were there. He told Grandma and Grandpa Haws (my parents) about it and they told him that that day was actually the tenth anniversary of my Grandpa Peterson's death. I thought that was interesting.
Luke has a gift for feeling the spirit and being able to relate the scriptures and those feelings to his own life. He sees the Lord's hand in the happenings around him and he is open to receiving spiritual experiences which is why I think he has so many. He is diligent about reading his scriptures every night and about saying his prayers. He reminds his brothers every night to pray also. A few months ago he ended up falling asleep earlier than his siblings and woke up the next day worried. He said, "Mom, I forgot to do what I've done every night for years. I forgot to remind my siblings to say their prayers, and I forgot to pray too because I fell asleep." Cubby replied, "don't worry, I remembered to pray and I prayed for something really good. I remembered to pray that my family would remember what Easter was all about." Luke said, "his prayer was answered because before he said that, I was thinking about Jesus and His resurrection."
Luke wanted to write a song on the guitar and he wanted it to be about Jesus. He needed some help making his thoughts rhyme, but the poem is his in terms of thought and flow. He knew how he wanted it to go.
Jesus was born in Bethlehem, the shepherds came to kneel
The wise men sought Him from afar and followed the star to the hill.
We looked down from Heaven, and choirs of angels did sing,
Rejoicing in that glorious news about the newborn King.
Jesus performed many miracles, He called Mary by name,
He raised Jairus's daughter, from the dead he also healed the lame.
Causing them to walk and the blind to see, and he performs a miracle for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment