Caleb says some funny stuff. I took him to the doctor recently for a well check. The doctor tried to liken him to a Jedi from Star Wars. Caleb looked at him with shock and said, "Jedi aren't real. Heelllooo, order 66?!" He looked at me like, who is this clown?! Later that night we went to Papa and Grandma's house. He looked around and must have seen a lot of white things, I am not sure what. But he said, "Everything is white, even the people that come here are white!"
10/28/22
Caleb: Dad, when do you stop being a kid. (Loudly interrupts) and
I don’t
mean Kid of God because I know we are always a kid of God. I mean just when you
are a grown up.
10/28/22
Caleb worries that he will be embarrassed for bringing a present to
a birthday party
Caleb: show me where it says to bring a present on the invite?
Ralae: it doesn’t say it on the invite. It is just customary.
Me: can you imagine getting an invite that says “bring
a present!”
Me: or someone says to you ”don’t forget my present”
Caleb: that is what I say to Michelle all the time
Caleb I only got two presents from the McAvoy’s when I turned 7.
Me: really, who didn’t get you one?
Ralae: You got 3 presents for your birthday
Caleb: oh, it was when I was 6.
Me: wow, we’re going back two years
Ralae asks me what I think of Caleb going to a neighbor to ask if
she finished his goodie bag
Me: Caleb sometimes people have good intentions but they don’t have
enough time and money to do it all
Caleb: I would be totally fine if someone came to me and asked if
I had the goodie bags ready.
Me: right, but how many goodie bags have you given out. Did you
get me a birthday present?
Caleb (looks at me like I’m crazy): Do you know how much money I have?
Ralae: Caleb’s love language is gift giving. Well, really gift
receiving.
Caleb gets back from party
Caleb: Papa Haws needs to give us all 8 presents, I mean 4
presents, because he is going to miss two Christmas and Birthdays
A conversation with Caleb on the way to the dr:
Mom, I wish I could really see a robber in real life.
Why’s that?
Because I’ve never been able to use my full strength and I really want to use my full strength.
You can use your full strength in tackle football someday.
What?! You want me to kill someone that is a good person and a kid?!
I don’t think you’d kill them if you used your full strength.
Oh, I would totally kill them. That’s not safe. Do you want me to grow up and be a bad guy?
No, of course not.
Well, then don’t tell me to use my full strength against a good person, like a kid playing football.
Ok, maybe only use half of your strength.
Well, then you’re asking me to break bones, and I don’t know if that’s a good idea…
(May we all have such confidence 😂)
No comments:
Post a Comment