Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Picture Updates


This is a fun picture of Ahmed Corbitt, he is a good friend of the McAvoy's and is in the General 70. It was a neat experience for the children to have such a close visit with a visiting general authority. He was visiting AZ to hold a special fireside and in his talk he gave a shout-out to the McAvoy family. Mark McAvoy, my father in law, served with him in NJ.


The kids got to dress up for spirit week at school.


Mercedes was a frontier woman, Luke was a OBGYN (he loves babies and wants to deliver them someday), Hannah was a dancer, I'm not sure I remember what Jaz and Cub were.


For twin day, I bought Jaz a matching shirt with Hannah.





We splurged on birthday parties this year and the kids were spoiled. We took Luke and his friends to Elevate which is a trampoline park.









The girls had their dance recital and did a wonderful job. It brings me joy to watch them on the stage. I hope they love it as much as I did when I was younger.






Joshua is killing it at wrestling. He had a great season and really proved his stuff. Now that it is summer, I hardly see him. He wakes up early, rides his bike to the school, lifts weights, wrestles, and then rides his bike home just to go to his friend's house for the rest of the day. He is growing up before my eyes. They all are. It's bittersweet. I'm glad he has a good group of friends to hang out with. I wish he'd tell me a little more about the details of his life, but he's just different that way. My other kids like to talk my ear off and tell me about everything, Joshua is more private but he's an easy-going, really good young man.








We had Rose's baby blessing and Hannah's baptism. Both were beautiful events and very special. 


Hannah was so excited to get baptized and looked so beautiful in her dress. I love her so much. I love her spunk and her sweetness. I love how she gets embarrassed when I cry during spiritual things or in sad movies. She's a beauty inside and out. 











Some paintings I did. Moroni doesn't look right, but I included him to show progress.




After a looooong hard year, Caleb graduated kindergarten. Of all my kids, he had the hardest time adjusting to K. He hated school and dreaded going every.single.day. It required bribes and goals. It required patience and endurance. But, we did it! All through a pandemic. And, at the end of the year, he even admitted that he had begun to enjoy school.


20 years ago, I modeled for an artist. Soon after, I went to BYU and never saw the finished product. Well, he recently posted his paintings as a flashback on facebook and tagged me as the model. Some of my features don't look exactly like me, but, there is some resemblance to what I looked like at 20.
























These two adore their dad. He's such a great dad. My dad teases me that I am spoiled. It's true. JM gives me the world and makes me feel like his eternal queen. I love him so much.






I had surgery recently and spent many days in my bed. Caleb liked to come and sit with me while I watched TV.







We had a good Easter. 



Mercedes had a great 5th grade year. She's a remarkable student and is very driven to do her best. She's a favorite of teachers and students alike. We are blessed to have her.


Luke said goodbye to his teacher of three years. It was hard for him. He loved her. He wrote her a poem on the last day of school and it made her cry. He and Mercedes cried the whole drive home from school on their last day. They both take after me in terms of tender hearts. Luke is a romantic and a heart breaker. He's a sweet boy.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment