Luke also enjoyed playing soccer this year. He was on Barrett's team and did really well for his first time. He's got some natural athleticism to him, his only downfall is his own motivation at times. But, if he keeps working hard, he will be very good at sports.
Luke was baptized this past month. He wrote his poem about baptism and shared it. He looked so handsome in his new church clothes. He was excited to have Kevin and Jax there. Luke was very excited about receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. A few days after he was baptized we were driving in the car listening to music. I turned around and saw tears pouring down his cheeks. He asked me if the song was a church song (it was American Soldier by Toby Keith). I told him it wasn't a church song but that it taught Christlike principles and the willingness to die for what is right and for others who are too weak to fight for themselves. He told me that the Holy Ghost taught him during that song. He had similar experiences with I Can Only Imagine (which is a song about seeing Christ again) and the song, If Tomorrow Never Comes.
The other day he came up to me and told me that he had had a dream and in the dream Heavenly Father wanted him to write a song about Jesus. The words, Hallelujah Hallelujah God has sent His Son needed to be in it. So, I helped him write his thoughts down. The words and lines are his, I just helped him rearrange some words so that it rhymed.
Hallelujah hallelujah God has sent His Son
He walked on earth and healed our wounds the battle over death was won.
Hallelujah hallelujah He will come again
When fire rains and sin is gone, and I will shout Amen!
I was in heaven, I was a great soldier, I was saved for the last days,
I know I'll never leave, I know I'll stay strong, I'll always follow in His ways.
Hallelujah Hallelujah I will rise again!
No comments:
Post a Comment