Sunday, February 3, 2019

Joshua

Joshua looks like a teenager in some of the pictures I have taken of him recently. He's also almost as tall as me. I've got a head on him, but it won't be too long before he's my same height. It hurts my mama heart and I am proud of the good young man he is.

He was ordained a deacon and has been passing the sacrament and collecting fast offerings. He will get to go to the temple soon to do baptisms. He's so diligent and good. Such a good boy. Sometimes at night, I whisper in his ear that he makes being a mom so easy. He always has. I hope I don't order him around too much. It's easy to do because he does whatever I tell him to do. He's easy going and just a really good kid.

At Disneyland he was really nervous about a coaster ride. It had a "loodeloop" and he was afraid of going upside down. For a few minutes I could see a vulnerable little three year old Joshua who I hadn't seen in many years. He got Mercedes really really really worked up. He acted like he wasn't going to get on the ride. Jessica tried everything to convince him. She finally turned to me and said, "I don't know what else to say to get him to go on the ride." I told her to tell him that his mom said he had to go. She did, and like a dutiful and obedient young man, he sighed and got on the car and pulled down his harness. He survived and exclaimed at the end that it was his favorite ride, but he quickly added that he didn't want to go on it again!

Joshua is very quick witted and has some really great one liners. I need to be better about recording them so I remember. At Disneyland, Jessica was in the habit of letting kids ride on her lap because she had rented a scooter. This is against the rules. Some "Storm Troopers" circled Jessica and ordered her to stop. She was very nervous and feeling guilty because she was afraid that she was in trouble for having Luke on her lap. The Storm Troopers acted their part of Dark Side employees and then they let her go. After wards, Joshua, who was aways off came up to Jessica and told her that she should have waved her hand at them and said, "These are not the droids you are looking for". If you have seen Star Wars, you'll get the joke and realize why this is so funny. Joshua is quite funny!

Joshua was able to conquer his fear of roller coasters and thoroughly enjoyed Disneyland. I was proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment