Cubby does some funny things. Yesterday he and Evie got into a fight. Evie came running in and said that Cub slapped her and so she HAD to slap him back. He slapped her again, so she HAD to slap him again. She was kind of funny because she felt very strongly that she was all in the right and only Cub ought to be punished. JM of course put them both into time out. After wards, he called them both over to him and talked with them about their choices. When he was done, he said to Cub that he ought to hug Evie and say he's sorry. He did, and Jm said that they could go play. Cub stopped him and said, "Dad, you forgot! You didn't say that my muscles are to protect girls, not hurt them!" And then he proceeded to flex. It made me happy because I tell my boys often that Heavenly Father gave them their muscles so that they could be great protectors and protect girls, never to hurt them. This is a truth so lost in society. I know that I don't often write about the time period in which I am living and I mostly keep this blog as a means of journaling the happenings of my family. But, gender is under attack. Good men are under attack. The world would have everyone believe that gender is fluid and gender should be defined by however a person feels they are, for example, if a man feels like he is a woman then everyone is supposed to support him in this and start calling him a woman and he can go and get surgery to "change" his sexual organs to imitate his sexual preference. If a person feels they are a unicorn I am sure the same crazy logic applies. It really is crazy. The Proclamation on the Family was certainly written for our time and we surely live in a day in which good is called evil and evil is called good. Anyway, I could write many things about the time period in which I live, but suffice it to say, I try really hard to give my kids a strong sense of gender identity and I teach them that their gender is eternal and not to be "fixed or changed" that they are who they are and have always been and will always be. I also teach them the roles of their gender which are divinely given to them by Heavenly Father. My boys must learn to protect, provide and preside. My girls must learn to teach and nurture. These are good qualities, they compliment each other. Women were not designed to be able to do everything a man can do, we are designed to do everything they can't, and the same is true for men. The sexes are divinely designed to compliment, and they are modeled after the order of God. Anyway, back to Cub...
Cub prayed the other night that Leyla's baby would be ok, that his muscles would protect the girls, he prayed for rain, each family member, he prayed that we would go to the store and get more toys. Then, after a long prayer, he looked around the room, threw his hands up into the air and exclaimed that that was all he could think of and he had nothing else to pray for. It made Joshua and Mercedes laugh. Luke said, "I just love his prayers."
He ADORES Joshua more than any other person. He still likes fighting Joshua and he wets his hair down so that it'll lay like Joshua's. The other day, out of the blue, he sighed and said, "I so much love Joshua. I a lot love him." He also said, "I love Jesus, Joshua loves Jesus too." That was after he had heard a Tabernacle Choir song on Pandora.
We went to Disneyland and Cub stood in line behind a lady with kind of a larger bum. He started punching it with both fists like one would toy around with a punching bag. She turned around and said hi to him, I was embarrassed and apologized. Cub that asked her to hold him and told me he liked her. I told him not to punch peoples bums again.
No comments:
Post a Comment