Dear Taylor,
Congrats on your wedding!! I am so excited for you. Marriage is delightful and satisfying. I spent a little time this morning thinking about my own marriage and what has helped us. Here are the top 8 things that I have learned in our 10 years together. I love being a wife and mother. I thank the Lord for it everyday. I love having a loving husband by my side. There is nothing quite like it, and it truly is ordained of God. I know that as I strive to do these things listed, Jon Mark is more drawn to me and I to him.
2. Always try to react in love. Even when you are upset, try to respond out of love. As you do, your husband will do the same.
3. When I was a newly-wed, I decided early on that I never wanted to give Jon Mark reason to regret choosing me. I wanted to strive to always be a little better, do a little more for him, and respond in love. Sometimes, when we are having an argument (which isn't often) this helps me be careful about what I choose to say or do.
4. Remember to have fun. When children start coming and life becomes busy and tiresome, remember to fun with each other. This keeps life fresh and brings you both closer together.
5. Be kind. Serve him. I don't mean that in a subservient way, but I do mean provide service for him. When we serve, we love more deeply.
6. Pray together, attend the temple together, read scriptures together, dream together, talk about your goals together. Be together! It's a wonderful place to be! When we pray together, we make sure we are touching. Even if it's just holding hands or touching knees, it helps us feel "together".
7. Remember that he is a son of Almighty God, just as you are a daughter. Knowing this will help you be kind and respectful and have an eternal perspective.
8. Don't forget the qualities about him that made you fall in love. Show him gratitude for these qualities. There are a lot of men in the world who do not have such character. Show your thankfulness.
Love, Ralae
No comments:
Post a Comment