
I took these kids on a walk the other day. I was about 50 feet from my home when three loose pit bulls rounded the corner. My kids are terrified of dogs, and pit bulls have awful track records, so I knew that the situation could turn very bad very quickly. I didn't have much time to react. I had about ten seconds to decide what to do. I got down in front of Luke and told him very sternly that any second some really big dogs were going to come over to us and that it was very important for him to be very brave and to not run or scream. He had started to ask me when the big dogs would come, but he was only mid-way through his sentence when the biggest dog of the three popped up right in front of Luke, eye to eye. Luke didn't move or make a sound. He was so brave, I was ready to react if I needed to. Although, I am not sure how I would have fared against three dogs. I would have died trying to protect my babies, of that I was certain. Well, the dog check us out and then ran to catch up with the other dogs. I quickly got my kids into the house and shut the door. I told Luke I was so proud of him. He told me that in his head he was glaring at the dog and shaking his fist while saying, "I'm not afraid of you, come and get this!"

Jon Mark has a cuter picture on his phone, but this is the face Luke said that he gave the dog to scare it away.
I was so thankful that the Lord protected us. In my heart I knew that if the situation had gotten scary, all I could really do was pray to the Lord and tell Him, I know you shut the mouths of lions, please shut the mouths of these animals so that my babies will be safe. I made sure to offer a prayer of thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment