Recently, Jon Mark surprised me with a new smart phone. I have never had one before, and I never knew just how much I was missing. I was perfectly happy with my dumb phone.... until now. I love my smart phone :) I can take pictures like the ones below.
Caleb was sleeping and sucking on his tongue. I love it when my babies do this. It's just so cute. I love this kid. He scoots everywhere and is constantly putting everything in his mouth. This new scooting ability has increased in proficiency especially recently. The other day, we went to Lindsay's house for Sunday dinner. There were a lot of kids there, so we went outside to play tag and someone left Caleb in the house on the floor. It was only a few minutes before I asked where Caleb was and someone told me that he was in the house and should be fine because at this point he wasn't very great at being mobile. At first I wasn't going to go in and check on him. I figured he would be fine for another moment while I finished whatever conversation I was having. But, there was a thought that I had that pushed me into checking on him. I'm thankful that I listened to the spirit because when I went in to check on him, he had managed to scoot over to a silk leaf that had dropped to the floor (a Fall decoration) and had it completely in his mouth and part of it was making it's way to the back of his throat. It was about the size of a child's palm. He was okay, but I shocked at how quickly the situation could have turned even more threatening. I am thankful that I listened to the voice of the spirit. I do have faith that as I pray daily for the Lord to help me protect and teach my children, He will help me by the power of the Spirit.
I also took this picture on my phone. It is supposed to be Aspen tree trunks. Hopefully, that is noticeable. It didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would, but it's alright.
Here is a picture of Michelle, Jessica, and myself as we went to BJ's to celebrate Jessica's birthday. It was fun. We talked and laughed and totally bonded as girl's should.
Earlier in the day, Michelle and I had gotten our hair done by Bethany. This is my attempt to show people what it looked like before getting out of my car and walking in the pouring rain.
Joshua is really into reading. He loves non-fiction books and is always telling me about what he is learning. The other day he asked Jessica how the sun can burn and give off light if there is no oxygen in space. He recognizes that fire needs oxygen to fuel it, and it just didn't make sense to him. I am not certain that I had so precocious questions at his youthful age. By the way, I found the answer on the internet... The Sun does not "burn", like we think of logs in a fire or paper burning. ... This heating eventually grows out from the center (or core) of the star to the outside, finally leaving the surface and radiating out into space to be ... So no oxygen is required!
At our last parent teacher conference, his teacher requested that I have him tested for the gifted program that they have at the school. We decided to fill out the application, but I have more questions about the program before we make any decisions. He did a book report on the moon and helped me build a shoe box scene for it. He gave his report and he almost didn't do the "sun" thing that he was excited about. There was a hole in the top of the shoe box that he had covered with yellow paper. Then, when he shined a flashlight through it, it appeared to light up the shoe box like the sun. It was cool. When the class saw it, they were impressed and someone said, "your's is the best ever!" Joshua played it cool, but you could tell that he felt pretty important.
One more thing about Joshua: he let out a really stinky toot the other day and I was looking around and checking all of the babies to see who pooped. Joshua was smiling and just watching me before he confessed that it was him. He said, "not only do I have stinky gas, but I have really long-range gas as well. I mean, you're far away!" He was pretty proud of himself.
Mercedes is a sweetie. She loves playing with Caleb and she sing many songs to him. She gets a little jealous when he smiles for others and will say, "ah, he doesn't like me anymore." She pouts. I think she just wants to hear me tell her how much he does indeed love her. Mercedes is doing well in school. She tries her best and often gets awards for having good behavior and good attitudes. She thrives on recognition. Today she came home super excited because she had a good progress report from her speech teacher. She has also started gymnastics. I am the teacher and I teach once a week and get paid $25 a month. It's mostly to give her something fun to do, but it is nice making some extra money. She has been practicing the splits and is getting better. She needs to build up some more muscle to be able to improve her back bend and handstands. She loves the cheer portion of the class the most and is very good and cheer. She is especially good at being lifted into a stunt. She becomes straight and tight and locks her knees.
Lukey Bear loves giving me hugs and kisses. He gives me one after another after another every night at bedtime. Sometimes it is difficult getting away because he holds on tight to my neck and doesn't want to let go. I have started singing a song to every child and he thrives off of this. It is nice for me to end the day with some one on one attention for each child as well.
Bear left town for a week to go to Lake Powell a little while ago. Lukey sure did miss him. He asked me every day when Bear would come back. One day, with much concern in his voice, he asked me very sincerely if Bear would be big when he got back. He was relieved to find Bear looking the same as when he had left.
Today Lukey raced me and the other kids on scooters outside. I was pretending to lose so that Luke and Mercedes would win. Mer took off down the road, determined to win. Luke started out trying for the win but then looked back at me and slowed down. He felt bad that I was losing and didn't want me to feel bad, so he stayed behind with me and encouraged me along. He sure is aware of others. He is a protector in so many ways. Today as we were exercising together, he saw my wrinkled belly. He asked me why my belly looked that way. I told him I was glad that my belly was like that because it reminds me of my kids and how much I love them. He asked why. I told him that my belly meant that I was willing to sacrifice my body and my life for my kids because I love them so much. Then, he turned to me and said that if we were on a boat and there were sharks around and I fell into the water, he would reach into the shark infested water and pull me out because he loves me too.
Hannah is a cute little spunky girl. Lately, she says, "MOM! I was talking to you!" She doesn't want to be forgotten and she makes sure she isn't. She declares to everyone around her that I am her mommy! She squeezes others off of my lap and sits on Caleb's head when he nurses. She throws her weight around just to make sure that everyone knows she is apart of our family. She needs lots of cuddles from Jon Mark. She likes dancing with him and getting horsey-rides from him. She wants what everyone else has. She talks really well. She is flexible with her back bends. She sings songs and twirls around the room with Mercedes. She wears long dresses and skirts. She has crazy hair. Every once in awhile she will let me fix it... like right now, today she let me fix her hair into two pig tails on the top of her head. She looks a little like a bug with antennae like that. Lukey said she looks like a lady bug.
Caleb. Caleb loves hugging my neck. I love that. He hasn't been sleeping very well at night because he is congested and I think he is teething. He needs me to snuggle him at night, on one hand I like the middle-of-the-night snuggles. It's quiet and dark. I can hear him suck his thumb and settle into my arms. I can feel the rise and fall of his breathing and how it gets heavier and longer as he falls into a deeper sleep. I love those things. But, I like my sleep too. And, I function better when I get more sleep. I am surprised, however, at just how little sleep I can get and not be super affected. Usually, by day three of little sleep, is when I start to feel the affects of it. He gets a lot of attention from Lukey Bear and Joshua. They will play with him spontaneously. They play rougher games with him, like pretending to be growling dogs and charging at him and then stopping abruptly right in front of him. He laughs. They like taking videos of him. Luke is constantly trying to hold him and carry him around the house. And, yesterday, I caught Joshua holding him upside down. It was only a few inches from the ground, but I made sure he knew to never do that again. Mercedes is more gentle in her play. She sings songs and plays peek-a-boo.
Jon Mark is well. He is busy at work and they are trying to hire an assistant for him. He works long hours, but he is always good about playing with the kids when he comes home. He works hard for our family and I love him for it. I look forward to the weekends when he is home.
I am well. I am enjoying painting and other projects. My time is spent on my feet and I don't get to sit very often. My long days are getting shorter as my kids get older and more active.
And... those are the updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment