Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Daddy's Gone


Mercedes looks so sad in this picture. Jon Mark left for a few days to go to Utah on a hunting trip with Mark. The kids aren't used to him leaving for so long. It really shook up our daughters. Mercedes cried every night. She had me take this picture of her holding a picture of our family that she drew. She wanted me to text it to Jon Mark. He didn't have great cell phone coverage in the mountains, so we went most of the time without any contact. One night, Mercedes was crying for a long time. The day before she had me text Jon Mark requesting him to send a picture to her of him pretending to shoot an elk. Because of the lack of coverage, we didn't get a response for almost 24 hours. She was crying and saying, "Why doesn't he send me a picture? I asked him yesterday to send me a picture." I responded to her that he probably couldn't but that he would if he could. Then, literally right after I said that, my phone dinged saying that I had a new text message. She got excited and I told her that it was probably someone else. But, it turned out to be from Jon Mark and it was indeed a picture of him pretending to shoot an elk.

The kids spent the night in my room with the door locked. They didn't know I was scared. I told them that for fun we got to have a slumber party in mom and dad's room. I felt more comfortable with them with me, not because they would protect me, but because I could protect them easier if they were all with me. This helped me sleep at night, knowing they were safely on my floor.

Luke wanted to send some pictures to Jon Mark. So, we made a goofy strand of pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment