Luke had his tonsils and his adenoids taken out last week, My father in law snapped a few pictures in the recovery room. When Luke woke up, he ate about 5 blue popsicles and said that his throat hurt. Before surgery he was SO excited. When he would talk about his upcoming surgery it was as though he was describing an upcoming trip to Disneyland. It was so cute and so sad all at the same time.
As we were waiting our turn to go back, he kept yelling out, "Doctors?! Nurses?! Where are you? You are taking a really long time! I am going to have to put you in time out!". They all thought that he was adorable. Women, especially, take a liking to Luke. The nurses were no exception. He was charming and cute. He engaged them in conversation and spoke in an animated fashion.
Now that he is home and recovering, surgery doesn't seem like much fun. He is tired of popsicles and ice cream. And... he is even tired of watching TV. He wants to run and jump and play. I was told to keep his heart rate down and his fluids up. He loves Gatorade--so, keeping up with fluids is not an issue. However, keeping him on the couch has proven to be a little difficult. He acts okay so long as the medicine is in his system, But, I can always tell when it's time for more. He gets very quiet, and stops talking. Then, if I don't catch it in time, he starts crying and thrashing about while holding his mouth. That is really sad to see. Poor kid. But, he is hanging in there. And, so am I. Dealing with a kid who just had surgery and a newborn with RSV is not a picnic. It hadn't been too bad, but yesterday was difficult. I have had a lot of family support. My mother and in laws have been so helpful with Luke and the baby.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment