We've been watching a show called The Mandalorian as a family. The Mandalorian isn't allowed to ever take off his helmet. It's apparently against his religion in the show. So, we watched several episodes and never knew what he looked like. He finally takes his helmet off in one episode briefly. I overheard Hannah mutter to herself, "Oh! I always thought that the Mandalorian was handsome, but it turns out that he's ugly. I'm just going to pretend like I didn't see his face."
Mercedes has made a goal to not yell at her siblings anymore. If she can go a whole month with only yelling two times or less, then I told her I'd buy her a baby doll that she's got her eye on. Today she asked me if it counted as yelling if she was yelling at her siblings after school waiting for my car, like if they're in someone's way or they aren't sticking together, or whatever. I said that it did count because there is always a nicer way to talk to someone, even if they are breaking the rules. She's trying hard. She's been getting headaches every day. I took her to the eye dr but her vision is perfect and there's nothing wrong with her eye anatomy. I was told to keep a headache journal and then take it to the dr to explore further why she's getting a headache so often. Her head hurts to the point of tears most afternoons. I hope we can discover the cause. Maybe it's hormonal because of puberty.
No comments:
Post a Comment