Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Oh, Cubby

Cubby is funny. I can't remember if I wrote this down or not, so here it is {possibly again}.

*Caleb has some funny words for cereal and each name is very descriptive. He asked Jon Mark for the no taste cereal the other day {that cereal was Rice Krispie's not the sweetened kind}. Then, another day he asked for Candy Crunch {that cereal is really called Captain Crunch}.


*Caleb hates bath time. I don't get it, but he does. The other day I smelled him and said, "dude! You are definitely getting a bath, you stink." He gave me his sideways smile and raised eyebrow and declared, "not today, Sucker!" It was really funny, but I made certain that he got a bath.


*Caleb still doesn't like school. In fact, he hates it. I've been really trying to praise him when he does something without complaining or does something the first time I ask him to do it. So, I said to Jon Mark {fully intending for Cub to hear}, "Daddy, did you know that Caleb is really growing up? Today he did his homework and didn't cry even one time, and he took a bath without complaining. Today, he even went into the garage to hang up his back pack without saying he was scared. I think he must be turning 6 or something really soon because he is acting so mature." Caleb looked proud of himself and then said, "yeah, well, you know that I don't want you to throw away one of my birthday presents. My teacher says that if you act like a little kid when you have a birthday, your parents will throw away a present and I don't want that to happen. Why would I ever want that to happen?"

*The other day he said to me, "you know that I love you mom? I love you so much! Why would I ever not want to love you? I would never want that to happen."


No comments:

Post a Comment