A Lot has happened these past two months. The pandemic seems never ending, and confusing. I say confusing because there is so much misinformation out there that it is difficult to know what to believe. My kids are begging to go back to school, see their friends, go out and about etc. But, it doesn't look like normalcy is going to happen anytime soon. And I wonder if things will ever go back to "normal". I know that sounds gloomy, but so much has happened (happening) in the political world that I am not sure we will ever have back what we once had. Perhaps we will need to roll with the punches in the most faith-filled approach possible--because otherwise it is scary and dreadful. I will attempt to give a quick summary to the events that have unfolded in 2020. I have already discussed some of this in recent posts.
-Preident Donald Trump (perhaps the most hated president in history, but he has done some wonderful things for this country) was acquitted in an impeachment trial
-Covid 19 Pandemic has swept across the globe
-There was a military drone strike that killed an Iranian general. Iran threatened the USA but ultimately no war was started.
-In retaliation Iran launches ballistic missiles at two military bases in Iraq housing American soldiers
-Locusts swarm (city sized swarms--unlike anything seen in our recent history) Eastern Africa causing much damage to crops
-China tightens it's grip on Hong Kong
-Fires, lots and lots of fires
-Earthquakes--ever increasing in number
-Attack of religious freedom
-Closures of schools and churches and temples-- adding to the attack on religious liberty
-Full lock-downs of businesses
-Statewide curfews
-Toilet paper shortage and other shortages of food and cleaning supplies (thankfully this has slowly gotten better)
-Race riots-- this deserves a post in and of itself, but I don't have the time to go into detail. BLM is a very liberal organization, coupled with Antifa (a domestic terrorist organization). They are on a mission to destroy western civilization as we know it, including the destruction of the family entirely. They have trained Marxists leading and organizing protests and upheaval. Major cities have seen a surge in violence. I believe I read that Chicago's shootings have risen 115% over the last few weeks. This organization has many radical and liberal agendas, and have terrorized the nation.
-Connected to BLM historic statues all across the nation have been torn down and vandalized in an attempt to erase our American heritage and history
-New, racist terrorist groups (Black Militia) have emerged inciting violence
-Also connected to BLM is a movement to defund and rid the nation of police
-A new surge in socialist/communist policies
I think that's most of it. The most frightening things is the destruction to American liberties and history, along with all of the violence and rioting. The divisiveness that I am seeing across the nation is appalling.
So, while we sit at home with a disruption in school and church (although limited church is supposed to start back up again in two weeks), I worry that we will not ever see "normal" again. I worry about this great nation. The Brethren are concerned about our religious liberties being jeopardized. They've made some strongly worded speeches about it, and they have told us that now is the time to act. We must defend religious freedom. We can do so civilly, with kindness, but we must defend it. We must teach our children about our American heritage and why religious freedom matters.
I have full confidence in my ability to be a force for good in my sphere of influence. I have full confidence because I know that I chose to come to earth at this time. If I chose it (my patriarchal blessing tells me so), then I must have believed then that I could do it with faith in my heart--not fear. I believe that Heavenly Father had faith in me to do it also, else why would He send me here at this time? He needed strong and valiant soldiers to promote faith, defend freedom, and lovingly guide His children home. I like to believe that I said, "here am I, send me". It starts in the home. It starts in our hearts. My heart is in the right place as I guide my own children. I just want to go back to church and the temple.
Here are some pictures of those children for you to enjoy as I shift my focus away from the doom and gloom around us.
We went to a magic show when the lock down was lifted. It was in my friend's home. The kids had a good time.
Not the best picture of me, but Daisy was being cute and actually liked me this day, so I documented it.
Cubby fell at Michelle's and needed his face glued back together.
We have been enjoying swimming, and I took this picture because I liked the volume that my hair had after being wind blown. LOL
I took a bike ride before my surgery and really enjoyed the oasis hidden along the desert trail. So I documented that too.
More fun at the pool with Lily.
Mercedes had a fun birthday party with cousins and a couple of friends who were done quarantining.
Luke did a magic show at her party
We love celebrating Jon Mark and his 40th. It was low key because of quarantine, but he had a good birthday. He got himself a Treager Grill and a punching bag.
We went to Utah for a quick trip to meet Kevin and Courtney's baby, Maylee. Her blessing was performed at home because of Covid 19 restrictions.
Jessica injured her eye with her contact on July 4th weekend. I told her that she looked like a Revolutionary War soldier.
Hannah enjoying her slurpy.
No comments:
Post a Comment