Thursday, July 9, 2020

If Only For a Moment

If only for a moment, the world would come to know,
The brotherly connections between friend and foe

How different would we see, if viewing from that lens?
Would we see mere strangers, or would we see our friends?

The veil that clouds the vision, if parted for awhile,
Would we see our family? And, tears turned to smiles?

If only for a moment, we stopped and pondered some,
About our greater purpose, and where it is that we came from.

I think we'd speak much kinder, and perhaps with greater ease,
If we only just remembered the Creator of the seas.

Our Savior knows your name, and I know that He knows mine.
Engraved upon His hands our we, through all generations of time.

As our older Brother, He saved us from The Fall,
If we would just draw near to Him, do we hear His call?

If only for a moment, we had the eternal view,
And saw our true potential, I wonder what we'd do?

In self-interest would we go about seeking for our own?
Or, with self no longer center-stage, would we then bemoan?

I think perhaps there's power in seeing past the shell,
And remember our existence from before Adam fell.

But, Adam fell that man might be, and we must then hold true,
To all the things that matter most, I wonder what we'd do?

If only for a moment, the world would come to know,
The brotherly connections, between friend and foe... 


No comments:

Post a Comment