Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Month of May


The month of May was a busy one. Quarantine is lifting somewhat. Life is returning to a sort of normal, but not really. Racial tensions are high, political tensions are high, our country seems to be at a boiling point with much contention and division. Riots and looting are destroying businesses and buildings all across the nation. The whole world seems to be in commotion, truly we are seeing a fulfillment of prophecy regarding the last days.

 While I do feel a sense of security and peace in my own little corner of the world, eventually I venture onto social platforms where "justice warriors" are in full battle mode with their words that cut. It weighs me down. I wish I didn't have such easy access to 24 hour news streams and social media. I can't seem to help myself, and I know it affects me negatively. I find myself praying for peace and healing for it seems as though I can say for myself,  "… And in despair I bowed my head, there is no peace on earth I said, for hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, good will to men…" In fact, if I were to write a scripture about May of 2020, like the prophets of old, this is what I would write: "There began to be much contention throughout all the land. For the people began to divide themselves into tribes, neighbor against neighbor, kindred against kindred, and friends turned to foes. There had been great prosperity throughout the land, but the people denied God and His power thereof. Therefore, the people began to be lifted up into the pride of their own hearts, for they had become vain as to the things of the world. Wo unto this people, for the Spirit of the Lord had ceased to be with man, for the people made a mockery of all that was good." That's what I would write to depict what is happening in the world around me. What a depressing post! On to the pictures and positivity! 


Taylor was in town with Lance. We had a good time visiting with her daily. She and I liked to work out in the mornings. We had a birthday party for Lance while she was in town, and it was a huge success. Taylor is pregnant with a baby girl and my kids were very excited about it. Cubby laid his head on her belly and exclaimed as someone might exclaim "I felt a kick!" instead exclaimed, "Awe, I can hear the baby's vagina!" Hahaha





Jon Mark and I played water games with the kids and had a blast playing sharks and minnows.











One positive thing regarding this quarantine is that our mornings are slow, perhaps too slow. Jon Mark has a difficult time getting out of bed and going to work early whenever I stay in bed. It causes him to come home from work later in the evenings which isn't ideal, but I do love our slower mornings. I took these pictures while he was sleeping so that I could reflect on these slower times when life gets back to normal and we begin rushing out the door to get the kids to school.


The flash kind of woke him up for this one. :)


Jon Mark did a good job on the husband end of making me feel special for Mother's Day. The kids forgot. When I woke up and greeted them with, "Should I close my eyes while you run to give me my presents and cards" I knew full well that they had forgotten. But, they hurried and scribbled some notes together for me. Caleb had thoughtfully given me pictures and notes a day earlier, just because. He's a sweet little buddy, he kisses the top of my hand every night at bedtime. It's his preferred way of showing affection and I love it. He loves me a lot and told me the other day, with all the sincerity he could muster in that 5 year old body, that he'd die for me. And I believed him, because he said it with such conviction. He asked me about the resurrection and if I'd still get to be his mommy. The other night I cried during a family TV show we watch together and my boys were very sweet. Luke hugged me, Joshua patted me on the shoulder and said, "I love you, mom" and Cubby wiped my tears with his finger (I thought for a moment that he was trying to poke me in the eye). He went through a stage where he called his aunts to just talk to them like all the time. I'd find him on the phone chatting with Michelle, or over hearing him tell on me to Jessica about the mean things I did to him (LOL). I'd hear him tell Michelle that she owed him a present. He's asked me recently how to pop a pimple and then he's tried to pop mine. I don't want to forget things like that.



Luke had a birthday. He's now 9 and still waiting patiently to go on his 8 is great trip with his Haws grandparents. Their plans got messed up with the pandemic. He's a sweet boy, but I think this pandemic has kind of gotten to him. He's ready to see his friends. The other day I found a letter that he intended to mail to his crush, Allie. It said, "Dear Allie, I miss you. I wish that I had something to send to you but all I can do is pray that I run into you. Have you seen the Mandalorian? I have. You keep the crows out of my garden and you keep my force field running. Love, Luke" He's truly a Casanova with a big heart and a bold way of showing it.






I had a rough day the other, perhaps the quarantine had gotten to me also. Being cooped up with the kids who are also cooped up can have it's moments. I had a less than stellar moment. I lost my cool and cried in front of the kids. They're used to seeing me cry during touching moments when watching movies, or spiritual moments at church, but they are unaccustomed to seeing me cry out of anger or frustration. I think I scared them. I found this note from my daughters. Sweet girls. Service in times of need seems to come naturally to them.




We went camping with my parents and had a great time! We brought the zip line and spent a lot of time on it. We played fugitive at night with flash lights. We played around in the creek bed. The boys brought back a horny toad. My parents were great company. We had good discussions at night and I really enjoy talking to them. My dad took some great pictures with his camera.
































Mercedes used Hannah as her model for a recreation of the Mona Lisa. I drew the back ground because she almost scrapped the whole project because she couldn't get it right. 





So, as you can see, life in my little corner of the world is very blessed and for that I am so thankful. May 2020 has brought a lot of contention to the world, but the church is strong and spiritual moments and experiences for those who are looking for them are not scarce. There's still a lot of good. We have enjoyed the good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment