These pictures must have been when I was trying to distract the kids at church. Church is hard right now. Hannah and Caleb are constantly moving/yelling/talking/laughing... you get the picture. There are some weeks when I literally get no spiritual fulfillment and I leave church with my stress levels super high. I have come to terms with the fact that these many years of going to church with little children will someday pass. And, until that day does come, I go to church for other reasons besides spiritual fulfillment. I go to show my commitment. I go to show a willingness to learn. I go to be obedient. I go to set patterns and to teach my children that church is so important. I go to show my Heavenly Father that my heart is in the right place, even if my mind is constantly distracted. Caleb will be in nursery soon, in just two months time, and then things will get a lot easier. Then, at least I will have two hours to sit and ponder without having to roam the halls. Bless those nursery workers!
I write this post to serve as a reminder. Someday, when my children are grown, I will be sitting quietly on my row and I may notice a young mother who has her arms full. Maybe I will remember to help her out, or at least remember how hard it is and cut her some slack. And, to my children who will be grown, who will someday read this, I want you to know... I get it. I totally do. Church is hard, but go anyway. Do it anyway, and do it gladly. Make daily scripture study a daily habit so that you don't have to rely so much on the weekly spiritual fulfillment. Everything that is good in my life, literally everything, is because of my commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the source of all happiness. Obedience brings so many blessings, so go anyway.
These pictures are from a fun day we had at the Bass Pro Shop. It was kids night so they got to do the arcade game for free and they got to do some arts and crafts.
Poor Caleb had so many bruises on his head. He fell off of a chair onto the tile floor, and then he fell off of another chair onto the pool deck. He climbs really well, and it is difficult keeping him safe. Our kitchen chairs must be on the carpet so that he cannot push them over to the table to climb on top. The other day, I found him on top of a stool that was on top of the table. We had put the stool up there so that he would stop climbing on it. Well, he was determined and pushed a chair over to the table and climbed up anyway.
My sweetheart looking good!
No comments:
Post a Comment