Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Picture Dump Part 3

This was a perfect moment and I didn't want to forget it.

Jon Mark kept the kids busy down stairs so I could sleep in as late as I wanted. I finally told him to bring me the baby. He laid Caleb down on my chest and Caleb just laid there and snuggled with me for about 5 minutes. That doesn't happen too often when he is well. He is usually exploring and moving about. He does certainly enjoy cuddling, but I count myself lucky that it lasted as long as it did. My phone was next to me and I snapped a few pictures. It started a funny thread between JM and I. I texted him these pictures and so he texted me back a picture of himself. I told him he was missing the cute baby. So, he made Joshua lay on his chest. My big 8 year old was obviously uncomfortable doing so and had a look on his face that said, "this is really weird". It made me laugh out loud when JM texted it to me. I upped him and took a picture of me nursing. 

So, first thing in the morning, still in my garments without a lick of make-up on and suddenly I have some of my most favorite pictures of myself in the world. It's the little, quiet moments that remind me why I love being a mother so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment