Mercedes waited a LONG time for this day to come. She has been asking when her birthday is for the past 11 months (yes, since her last birthday). She complained about how everyone else had birthdays before hers, and she didn't understand why her birthday was taking so long.
She told me she wanted a mermaid cake again, so I planned on making her one. The morning of her birthday, she changed her mind and wanted a fairy cake. So, using what I bought for the mermaid cake, I transformed it into a fairy house. The mound was supposed to be an island surrounded by water with a mermaid sitting on top. Oh well, the fairy house was cute. We had cake with both families on two different Sundays. The Sunday pictured is her actual birthday, she shared it with Father's Day.
Mercedes was super excited about this "American Girl" doll. All of her girl cousins on the Haws side have one and she has been dying to have one as well. I wanted to get her one with blond hair, but she insisted on a ballerina.
Mercedes, we love you. You have a big heart and express all of your emotions very openly. You are sunshine mixed with a hurricane. You are a golden sweet pastry with tart frosting. You're the rainbow after a thunderstorm, or sometimes the thunderstorm before the rainbow appears. That's you. And, I wouldn't want you any other way. You keep life exciting.
Right now you love My Little Pony. You love wearing my jewelry and dressing up. You like wearing your hair down, although every once in a while I can talk you into letting me put it in a ponytail. You are a great swimmer and you love to sing and dance. You like playing imaginative games like "house" and "husband and wife". You need lots of girl time. You love me singing you songs at nighttime. You like when I tell you stories. You love your daddy and gush over him all the time. You want to marry him, and I tell you that what you really want is to marry someone like him. You love dresses, but you also like your jeans as long as they have some sort of rhinestone or jewel on them. Rugged with sparkle. You add a little bit of glitter to our lives. We love you! .
No comments:
Post a Comment