Friday, June 12, 2015

Pictures From 3 Weeks Ago

I can finally put pictures on here again! The outfit that Caleb is wearing looked so cute on him. It was for a 3 month old and so I hadn't pulled it out yet. I finally did so and he was too big for it. So, this is the only time he was able to wear it. He's gotten so big. He's kind of a serious baby, he makes you work to get a smile, but he has a pleasant disposition nowadays.

He is putting weight on his legs now. He sleeps in his pack-n-play. For the longest time he refused to do so, and would only sleep in his swing. He takes long naps and sleeps through the night (wakes at 4 or 5 am for a feeding). I LOVE kissing his cheeks and mouth. He's still not sure if he likes his pacifier and part of me wants to give up on pushing it.


Hannah is so cute. She has a wicked laugh which everyone thinks is funny. She torments Luke, which makes Joshua and Mercedes laugh. She repeats everything you say and is really great at talking. She is full of life and energy and is quite a happy little girl. She can be sassy at times. She loves her daddy.


This picture is not a great shot of my rear, and it reminds me that I still have 20 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose, but rather than deleting it, I am posting it here to show this cute little baby face. He loves looking over my shoulder and giving my cheek an open mouth kiss.


Mercedes had surgery on her ears yesterday. She was so excited to have surgery so that she would be able to hear again. We are hoping that the tubes will improve her hearing and speech. She continues to be a feisty little thing. After she woke up from surgery, she was not happy. She was thrashing about in the hospital bed like she was having a bad dream and didn't know where she was Her eyes finally locked onto mine and she hugged me so tight around the neck for like five minutes. This is unusual for her and so I really enjoyed that (but of course felt bad that she was so scared). Today she tried putting Hannah in time-out while I was upstairs with Caleb. It was funny to see her use the same tone and words that I use with her. I told her that it was my job to put people in time-out but thanked her for trying to be so mothering. She then hugged Hannah and said, "I love you, Hannah, and I am sorry that I put you in time-out, but we can't hit people, okay?"


Hannah is still obsessed with Princess Elsa. She found Mercedes dress and asked us to put it on her.



Joshua is a goofball. I can't ever get a "normal" picture of him. But, then again, I guess this is what normal is around here. He is enjoying summer vacation. He cried a LOT when school got out because he was going to miss his friends. I felt bad for him, but he is having a great time being home. I am making my kids do school-work everyday He has to read and write about what he reads. He's a smart little lad and I am always amazed by his inquisitive mind. He asks so many good questions, ones that I don't know the answers to, and I am always telling him that we will have to "google" this or that.


Joshua took some cute pictures of Hannah and Luke when they were dancing with me last Sunday.


We were dancing to the song, "I Can Only Imagine" and they must have played it 20 times since.

Luke is still a little heart throb to the ladies in our ward. Last Sunday, Mercedes told me that she wanted to bear her testimony. I kept trying to get her to back down because we hadn't practiced it and I wasn't going to go up there and tell her what to say. She wouldn't take no for an answer. I finally agreed and went up with her. She did a GREAT job. I was really impressed. She looked confident and spoke clearly (and really loudly) into the microphone. She said things from her heart, not the usual memorized kid testimony. After she was done, I bore my testimony. Luke had followed me up there and thought that he was going to get to bear his. So, after I was done, he walked up to the podium. I took him by the hand and told him that he could bear his after we had a chance to talk about it during FHE. He also wouldn't take no for an answer and sat on the stand and grabbed the bottom of his chair. He wasn't going anywhere with me quietly. So, rather than make a scene of a tantrum, I told him to go ahead. He did a great job too, at first. He said, "I would like to bear my testimony. I love Jesus and I know he loves me. I know heaven is real." Then, he paused, put up a finger, and said, "but... we come down to this earth, and then we DIE!" He jumped down, everyone was laughing, and made him go back and close his testimony properly. He said later that everyone was laughing at him because he is sooo cute. Silly kid, 




No comments:

Post a Comment