Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mercedes and Her Prayer

Mercedes says the sweetest prayers.  I love the language she uses, although Joshua recently corrected her and told her that she should say "I'm thankful..." in place of, "I love...".  For instance, Mercedes loves to tell Heavenly Father how much she loves the flowers and loves the rainbows.  I think it's cute.

Yesterday, when we were driving in the car, she asked me if she could pray.  I told her that she can pray anywhere she wants at anytime.  I turned down the radio and preceded to listen to such a thoughtful prayer.  It went something like this:

Dear Heavenly Father, I love the flowers and the trees.  I love my family (and names us one by one).  I love Jesus and I hope he comes again to earth soon, with Gavin, because I really want to see him, and I love him. I really want Jesus to heal my finger.  I have a hurt finger and I want it to get better.  I want it to look like Mommy's or Daddy's finger, or like Luke or Hannah's finger because they have good fingers.  I don't want it to be like Joshua's finger, because it is ugly (Joshua recently had an infection on his nail bed and it has caused his finger to get quite weird looking- temporarily). Please help my finger to get better.... Amen.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little.  It was cute.  After her prayer, she told me that she wanted to pray about her finger because Jesus can heal anybody.  He has the power to do that, so she wanted him to heal her finger.

**Update** Today, she showed me her finger (but, I am pretty sure it was a different one) and told me that it was all better.  Then, she went on to sing a song she made up about Jesus and his power to heal anything and anyone.  I love moments like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment