It was a great week last week. Luke was ordained a teacher, he received his patriarchal blessing, was called to serve in his class presidency, and Hannah was able to go through the temple to do baptisms for the first time.
It's always special when a child of mine receives their patriarchal blessing. I catch glimpses into who they were before mortality. Luke was a very faithful servant who was valiant in the cause and was reserved for this day and time. It sounds like he will have many opportunities to serve in leadership roles in the church. I'm not sure if I am supposed to share too much, but the patriarch delivered the blessing with such a great spirit about him. I know that Heavenly Father knows, and loves, and trusts Luke. Luke was very prepared for his blessing. He studied it out and prayed about it, and he came to me and told me that he had had a spiritual experience and he now knew that the 100% the Lord wanted him to get his blessing. The patriarch told me that he had given blessings to other 13 year old's before, but nothing like giving Luke his blessing. He said that giving Luke his blessing stood out to him. He was different, and it was because of how prepared he was to receive it. Luke is a valiant soul, and he has a lot of great and wonderful blessings ahead of him.
Hannah was also so prepared and excited to go and do temple baptisms. She attended temple prep with Bishop Rollins. When I asked her if she was nervous, she said that she wasn't nervous because Bishop had already told her everything she needed to know and even drew her a diagram on the whiteboard of where to go. She and I had a really great conversation about the temple and the great meaning behind the ordinances. It was a wonderful experience to be inside the temple with my children (except Caleb who is too young), with Jon Mark, and with my parents. Jessica and my in-laws weren't feeling well and couldn't go. I sat and watched Hannah, wide-eyed and smiling as she watched others get baptized before her. She looked so pure and holy, and just eager to be in the Lord's house participating in His work. She was so much more prepared than I was. She is a special girl. She is kind and sweet, a peacemaker, and a joy. She's got great things ahead of her. I hope the world is sweet to her and doesn't take for granted her goodness. Mercedes was so sweet in the temple and tried to make it even more special for Hannah. I can always count on Mercedes to help prepare Hannah and keep her safe and comfortable. They have a tender relationship. They truly love being with each other. They are best friends. Sometimes it means that I have to share my role. Because of the age difference, sometimes Mercedes takes care of Hannah as more of a mother than a sibling. I learned quickly in the temple that I would have to share my role with Mercedes. Mercedes was excited to show Hannah everything their was to know about doing baptisms. She held her hand and answered her questions. And we laughed together when Hannah came out of the locker with her jumper on backwards. I'm thankful for their relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment