Hannah was so cute the other night while she was doing her homework. Math has been difficult for her this year because she's been out of school for so long because of the pandemic. Also, they switched over to a new curriculum that is more the theory behind the mathematics instead of just teaching the formula for solving problems. Anyway, I sat down with her one night and showed her exactly how to work the problem in the traditional way and it clicked. She understood and felt so empowered because of it. Every time she got a problem correct, she would stand on the stool, do a cheer for herself, do a toe touch down to the ground, and then do a dance for herself. It was really cute. I have several recordings of her doing her cheer. She was so proud of herself. It made the homework extra long, however. I told her to maybe do the cheer once every five problems she got correct, but she refused. Who am I to say no to that?
This is a painting that I made for my parents. I called it 4 Sisters and it is Vanessa, Ralae, Lindsay, and Taylor. I really liked how it turned out.
I'm not certain if I added to the list of bad things that happened in 2020 to this blog, but the west coast is on fire. Up and down the coast of California, Oregon, and Washington are all experiencing extra large, catastrophic wild fires. The fires are so large that our air quality is affected here and in Utah and other neighboring states. You can not see the mountains clearly at all. A thick haze hovers over us. It has made for some amazing sunrises and sunsets and super moons. The pictures don't do it justice, but the sun is turned this neon pink/red color and the moon is seriously turned to red. It looks really really cool, but the fires are tragic.
I went to Goodwill and found some awesome Halloween costumes for the kids.
We went and stayed with the Frosts' up in Linden a couple of weeks ago. The Frosts have moved up there permanently to build a custom home, but they are currently living in their shed. We had a nice trip. We went to a corn festival and parade, and we just hung out and talked. We were only there briefly, just one night, but it was a nice visit. Brian has been excavating their land and has uncovered Native American remains and pottery. He's found bones and grinding stones, and vases, and Luke discovered a piece of jewelry.
These pictures are of the corn festival.
Cub was sad that he wasn't getting as much candy as everyone else. Once we put Joshua on the case, he was getting his fair share.
Luke is such a loving boy. He was going around picking up candy and oblivious to the fact that there were two little girls nearby who weren't as quick and he was taking their share. Jon Mark pulled him aside and explained the situation to him. He nodded that he understood and when he thought no one was watching, he walked over to the little girls, reached into his own stash and then quickly threw the candy their direction. It's moments like that that make me proud as a mom. He didn't know Jon Mark was watching, he did it because he wanted to do it. He didn't ask for credit, he didn't even make it known to the little girls what he had done. That right there is a true sign of Christlike love.
Joshua is too cool for school. ;)
He's such a handsome young man. He's kind and thoughtful, and while we are still working on his responsibility when it comes to his oral hygiene, he's making great strides in taking care of his body. Today I caught him putting a comb in his back pocket so he can fluff his hair throughout the day at school. All around, he's just a really good kid.
This young woman is quite the responsible, safety conscience, straight A student. She is so great at making sure the little kids are all looked after properly. What a great babysitter she is turning out to be. She truly is the most responsible young woman that I know.
I decided to frame the window myself. I think it looks good. It doesn't look like professional craftsmanship, but it's definitely an improvement.
This is the large red moon that I was talking about earlier. The picture does not do it justice. It is the large reddish/orangish ball in the middle of the picture, not the white light at the top. The moon looked so big on the horizon that it seriously amazed me. I wish the camera had been able to capture it.
The girls and I have had fun in our dance loft. I hung mirrors with my dad an Jon Mark's help. We've been stretching, and I have been spotting them on their back walk overs. They're both getting closer.
Mer shied away from the camera because she was in her pj's.
The ladies in my presidency and I put on a parade around the neighborhood. We threw candy, played loud music, and the bishopric threw water balloons. A few of the kids were prepared with hoses to get them back. It was a lot of fun! It was just the experience I needed, and it will stick with me. This was our second parade. The first one we did was an ice cream truck route through the neighborhood. Because of the pandemic, we aren't able to meet as a ward in primary. Church is more consistent, but primary has not been approved. So, we have had to get creative in order to minister to all of our kiddos.
This summer we bought some paddle boards and we took to the river a few times. The kids absolutely love it, and I love being up on the paddle board and out of the water. It's kind of nasty looking. The last time we went paddle boarding, I did a five minute head stand on my paddle board. I wish we had gotten a pic of it.
Flashback! I found this picture of me and Mercedes and I wanted it digitized so that is why it is here.
Cub built this lego car all by himself.
The was the last night that the Frosts spent living down here. We had a goodbye dinner for them and I cried quite a bit.
That same night, Mommom gave Mercedes her birthday present she had spent so many days working on. It was a beautiful shawl that she had embroidered. Mer was so happy. It was a gift of true love.
This 13 year old gave me so much grief when I tried to catch a nice picture of him on his birthday. He must be 13 or something (eye roll). He's such a good kid and we love him. I love his quick wit and funny banter. He makes me look good as a mom, but it's really just the great spirit he was born with.



No comments:
Post a Comment