Sunday, January 5, 2020

Caleb

Caleb Updates:

Caleb makes me chuckle, and he's at a stage where literally everything he does is cute or funny to me. Maybe it's because he is the baby of the family and I know that each stage is fleeting, I need to be careful I still discipline him even though he is cute.

Caleb has been learning to not wet his diaper at night time. If he can keep his diaper dry for a month, he will get to pick out a toy. It's kind of a big deal. He really wants to be successful, so the other morning he proudly told me that he was dry. He showed me his pull-up, and all may have been well, but I got suspicious when he pointed at the picture on the front and said, "see, same picture". That's odd, I thought. I asked him if he was lying to me, he said, "nope, I am dry mommy, just don't go look in my bedroom because there is a surprise for you in there." I took a few steps toward his room and he blocked the doorway with his body and yelled for me not to go in there. I went in anyway and found all of the pull-ups out (he was searching for one with the same picture on it). I also found a very wet pull-up. We talked about lying, he lied again a few nights later. I went to tuck him in and he told me that he didn't need a tuck in. That's odd, I thought again. Cub LOVES his tuck-ins. I tucked him in against his protests and found he had hidden his wet diapers under his blanket. You should have seen his tears or remorse and heard his sweet voice when he told me he didn't know how to stay dry. We had another talk. He's now been dry for five nights. Yay!

The other day to Joshua he said, "I'll give you an ice cream cone if you play with me." Joshua played with him, and asked where his ice cream was (knowing full well he was talking to a four year old). Caleb pretended to cut off his arms and said, oops, now you can't have an ice cream cone because I cut your arms off and you can't hold it anymore.

The other day he told me he could smell his boogers and that they smell like cheese.

Caleb and Hannah love making friends with old people. Everywhere we go, they want to talk to old people. I took the two of them to the Dr for Hannah's scans and the place was full of old people. They became good friends with a woman named Sue. She was 80. Half way through waiting, Caleb plugged his nose and said, "ew! It smells like poop in here!"

He is really into Legos. It's all he wanted for Christmas. But, before Christmas, he didn't have very many and he was constantly taking Joshua's Legos and building with them. Joshua would question him and he would say, "Well, I builded with them so they are mine now."

No comments:

Post a Comment