Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Summertime Fun!


Hannah, Luke, and Mercedes were very kind the other day and served me quite a bit. They wrote me love letters, made me stress balls, vacuumed, made my bed and mopped the floor. They were sweeties. Joshua reminded me that he often cleans the loft and bedrooms without being asked, and he is right! He does and it is awesome!



This little guy is learning to be potty trained at night time. Luke has also had success!!




New hairdo for Mer!



She turning into such a beautiful young woman!







Cubby doesn't get read to as much as the other kids. I need to do better. Jon Mark lovingly documented this because I know these moments are fleeting.





Luke's new hair cut.




Jon Mark looking so handsome I had to take a picture because I couldn't take my eyes off of him!



Cub had a special date with Jon Mark and I when my parents took all of the other kids to a play for their birthdays this year. They had a blast and told me all about it. Caleb had a blast too. He kept telling me that it was his special day all of the way until dark and he goes to sleep. He wanted us to take him to the beach and told us so rather matter of factly (he'd add "maybe yes?"). We took him to PF Changs and Krispy Kream donuts.




The first day of school brings about so many bittersweet emotions. I miss my kiddos, but routine and schedules are a breath of fresh air after a wild and crazy summer! I was grateful to get back into the swing of normal routines and not being asked a million times a day how I was going to entertain them. And, playing referree all day as well ;). But, these sweet, precious faces??? How can I part with them?!








Joshua caught a fish on his scouting camp out. He got tired of patiently waiting for fish to bite, so he took his pole to the edge where a lot of little fish were swimming and stuck the bait right there in front of them.


Cub jumping on the tramp in the heat with ice to cool it down. His little friend is Cade from church. He begged me to call and ask his mom to drop him off so they could play.




No comments:

Post a Comment