I am really sick today. It started on Wednesday with a general feeling of unwellness. I snapped a couple of pictures of me for some sympathy and sent them to Lindsay who said I didn't look sick, I looked like I was trying out to be in a hoodie advertisement. So, as the sickness progressed, I took another picture and sent it to her so she could add that to my modeling portfolio LOL! I took other really sad ones as the illness got even worse, but those aren't as funny because I am crying in them. So, I didn't post those ones, just the funny ones.
Being a mom and being sick is hard. Jon Mark has been supportive and the kids have been much better today than they were yesterday. They helped clean the house and have taken care of the younger ones. My mom and dad have brought me medicine and soup and dinner for the kids.
I've had a fever and chills and bad body aches for about four days now. Today I woke up with hives up and down my body that itch, a phlemy cough, and an occassional fainting spell. I had to lay down in the shower so that if I passed out, I didn't fall and hit my head. I'm feeling better in that regard so long as I don't move too quickly or stand for too long.
It's always nice to feel grateful for modern medicine and technology. I am grateful for those things. Although I have not gone to the dr yet, I know it's available for me if things get too bad.
I have so much to be grateful for. My life has been so blessed. I have the gospel and a close relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ! I know He loves me. Everything good in my life stems from that. Aside from that, although there is not really an aside, I have a great marriage. I have an honorable man who loves me and sacrifices so much so that our family can have everything we need. I am grateful for my children and their good health. I am grateful for close family and friends who are my mortal angels. I am grateful for the structure of the church and it's constantness. I am grateful to have a comfortable, warm bed and a wonderful home that is our slice of heaven on earth. I am grateful to be born during a time of great excitement in the church. President Nelson announced today that church is going down to a two hour block so that our homes can be the primary focus of gospel learning. I am thankful for that opportunity to strive to make my home an even happier and safe abode. I am grateful for my bike. Now that I am unable to run, my dad's given me the gift of exercise in a way that isn't going to hurt my body anymore. I enjoy my time bikeriding with my dad and Cub. I have so many blessings, it's impossible to name them all. I'll conclude with one more. I am thankful for this record that I have been diligent in keeping. It has blessed my testimony often as I reflect back on spiritual experiences contained in this record I call a family blog. It has blessed my children and husband because they rather enjoy reading about our little family and how it has grown over the years. On that note: I am grateful!



No comments:
Post a Comment