Hi everyone,
The purpose of this blog has always been to give my posterity a glimpse into our lives and to testify that I know the gospel is true. It also serves the purpose of recording memories of my children so that I may remember what a joy it is to be a mom. I'll go ahead and shoot off some things that I want to remember, but there are also some things of a spiritual nature that I'd like to record if I have the time.
Joshua: What a sweet boy you are. You befriended a kid at school who has no friends and you really, genuinely try to be a good friend to him. You gave him one of your toys yesterday because you wanted to serve Jesus by serving him. You are patient with your younger siblings even if it means that you will be treated unfairly. You are so kind. You are so thoughtful. You are aware of those around you. Many times when I am having a difficult time with one of your younger siblings, you stop what you are doing and you give me a long hug. No words, just hugs. What a great husband you will make someday! The other night I found you immersed in your scriptures You were reading the war chapters in the book of Alma and you found them fascinating. You and your brothers and sisters love family scripture study and FHE. You love writing comic books and you're good at it too!
Mercedes: What a big heart you have. The other day you came up to me in tears because you are a white person and white people used to have slaves. It worried me because I have seen a trend in our society where white people are blamed for past generations transgressions and it is the tip of the ice burg. I was worried someone or a teacher said something that made you feel that way. You're dad is amazing at stuff like this and he talked to you about the history of slavery and how people of all colors throughout the generations of time have had slaves and how slavery has always been wrong. He quoted you the article of faith that says, "we believe that man must be punished for their owns sins and not for Adam's transgressions". He reassured you that Heavenly Father made you perfectly and that you ought never to be ashamed of who you are. He is so great with you and you love him so much. The other day you told dad that your favorite part of the day was when he got home. You love art and I should let you do art more often with me. Why don't I let you? I should. You are a rule keeper and you want everyone around you to keep the rules too. You're learning to not tattle so much. But, you know what? I trust you so much! I trust you because you tell on yourself if you make a mistake and I know how much you try to choose the right. You are a wonderful child who is growing too fast. I hope you always know how much I love you. I love that you created a writing class for Hannah and Jazzy. They look up to you. Be patient with Hannah and someday you will have a best friend who will be by your side through the toughest of times.
Luke: What a cutie you are. You are close to the spirit and give powerful testimonies. Last fast Sunday you said something like this: "At the end of the last days, men's hearts shall fail them. Men means women and children too, and fail means that they will be very afraid when it starts raining fire from the sky. But, when it starts raining fire we don't have to be afraid, we can be brave and have courage if we believe in Jesus Christ. We can be brave when it starts raining fire from the sky if we believe in Jesus". I loved hearing your testimony. You are so smart and close to the spirit. You draw upon life's examples to build your testimony and your belief in our Savior. You love wrestling Joshua and you go all out on him. You're lucky that he lets you. You're super strong for your age and you can push up from a head stand into a hand stand. You love me so much and value our time together. You are helpful and like to be in on all of the action whether it's helping me cook, pull weeds, or carry in the groceries. You value your time with me and I like that about you. I hope you always stay close to the spirit and strive to do what is right. The other day at school, both you and Joshua were exposed to pornography. Both of you knew what to do. Both of you called it what it was and looked away and you came home and told me about it. I have confidence that you kids will do just fine in this wicked and confused world that we live in, so long as you pray and read your scriptures, strive to go to the temple and follow your Savior's example.
Hannah: You are a ray of sunshine dancing your way through life. You bring glitter with you and make all things sparkle and shine with spunk and personality. You love making friends with everyone and you're kind. Sometimes you have a hard time controlling your emotions, but you usually that's when you are tired or hungry. Kindergarten will be lucky to have you next year and I'll be a little jealous that they get to have you all day. You love your mommy time and like to crawl up into my lap whenever you get a chance. Sometimes I worry that I don't read to you enough. I probably don't. I'll try harder. You love Mercedes and look up to her. You said the other day that you wanted to grow up to be just like Mercedes because she is so pretty. I have two very beautiful girls on the inside and out. I love your love for life. I love how you hear music in your head and dance around like nobody's watching. I love how much you love gymnastics. I hope you're always so happy and quirky.
Cubby: Caleb, you are a funny kid. You love to "fight" with Joshua and daddy. Most days it's the first thing you ask them when you see them. They're good to oblige most of the time. Joshua taught you how to rip your shirt off and bang your chest before you fight. You like to completely clear the floor of everything before the fight begins. It's cute. Joshua said that he was a T-Rex dinosaur when you were fighting and you corrected him and said, "No! You are a chicken nugget dinosaur!" Your nuggets are shaped like dinosaurs. :) The other day you were with Daddy when he was gun shopping. Daddy held up a gun to see how it felt if he were shooting it. You saw the deer head mounted on the wall and it did look like daddy was aiming for it. You said, "No! No, daddy! Don't shoot the reindeer!" You also sing your abc's like this: abcdefghijklmpoopandpee. It makes me smile.
Jon Mark: You do such a great job loving us and providing for us. I am such a fortunate girl to be blessed with such a great husband. It still feels like are newly wed years except only better. I feel so close to you, loving you is easy, I don't even have to try. That says a lot about your character and who you are. You are my rock, you are my soft place to land. You sacrifice so much to make all of my dreams come true. I am living the dream. I love you!
Me: I just finished running my second half marathon race. We ran a 9:30 mile the who time pretty much. I can run four miles with a 7:35 mile, so I didn't really prepare for this race other than running every other day and staying really fast. So, when we slowed it down to 9:30, I felt pretty good the whole time until mile 11. My lungs didn't quit but my legs were spasming. I sprinted across the finish line and gave two heel clicks though. I wouldn't be surprised if my heel click ended up on the PHO Marathon fb page. Haha! I love life, I love my husband, I love the kids. Most of all I love my Savior and His gospel. For without it, none of my greatest blessings would be possible. I'll save my spiritual posts that I have been thinking about for tomorrow. I'm all out of time for today.
*I need to remember to write about: patriarchal blessing, boy in the neighborhood who joined scouts, thoughts on mourning with those that mourn.
No comments:
Post a Comment