Mercedes likes my hair curly, so I wore it like this to meet the teacher night. I think she actually thought I looked prettier with the curlers still in my hair. Mercedes is a sensitive girl. And, even at a young age, the difference between boys and girls is astounding sometimes.
I've wanted to record this for a while and time got away, but when I had weaned Caleb and he nursed for the last time, I cried. I cried a lot. It was such a sad day. The kids saw that I was sad and they innocently tried to make me feel better in sincere, but different ways. Joshua said to me, "I just don't get it. I mean, you literally have another human being sucking on you and you actually are sad that that's over?" He wasn't being mean or trite, he was honestly baffled. Mercedes quickly came over to me, climbed up next to me on the couch and said, "Mom, I know you're sad because you're done having babies and you'll never be able to nurse again. But, I'm not done having babies. Someday I'll be grown up and I'll have lots of babies and you can nurse them sometimes if you want to. I'll share with you!" And, finally, there was Luke. "Mom, you can nurse me again if you want to." HAHA!
Luke was really excited about school. He felt so grown up. This is his cool guy expression. It's the one he's been using in all of the pictures nowadays.
After meet the teacher, Luke was ecstatic. But, Joshua crushed his dreams when he said, "Right now you're just excited because you haven't started school yet. Give it a couple days and you'll know how awful it is." That made me sad. I got on him. After the first day of school all of the kids were crying. It was going to be a long year. So, Jon Mark and I came up with a plan. The kids could earn an extra half hour before bedtime if they got their homework done before 4:00 and if they had good attitudes. It has actually worked and I think it has changed their perspective. They are happier and doing better at their school work. I also have been very consistent with having a little devotional/spiritual thought/scripture every morning before they leave for school, so woohoo for me!
I painted a faceless angel.
Jazi and Hannah are becoming good friends.
I work out every day in our garage in 115+ degree heat. I get VERY sweaty.
Caleb is ALWAYS busy. Always. He wanders to and fro always on the go. He tries to do anything that isn't safe. He loves his dad. I mean, he LOVES him. Really, I don't know how to say how much he loves him. I love him too, so he gets lots of love.
Hannah is smart and funny. She loves life and is full of giggles and love. She sings "Gethsemene" at the top of her lungs and prances about the house. She does tricks on the trampoline and is quite good at jumping. She smiles and hugs just about everyone. She begs for naps when it's time for a swim lesson. She likes being called purple potty power big kid. It's a mouth full.
Here's a couple of Halloween paintings I made.
I took it upon myself to move this beast downstairs. It kept getting stuck and was such a hassle, but I did it!!! I seriously think I can do anything I set my mind to. I brought it downstairs because I was giving it away to a lady in my ward. After I got it downstairs she told me she changed her mind. :(
Here's Lukey's cool dude face again.
Mercedes looks forward to picture day at school like Christmas morning. She gets excited at night time and picks out her clothes. She wakes up super early and comes bursting into my room so I can curl her hair. She's silly and beautiful.
This girl is also beautiful. She wanted two pony tails in her hair so that she could look like a beautiful pink and purple super butterfly with antenna's.
This kid gets goofy for every picture. He's so big and mature (some of the time). The other day, Lukey Bear explained to him what a woman's period is. He calls it privacy because every time I have to go to the bathroom when that time of month comes around, I tell him I need privacy. It was hilarious. He said to Joshua, "Every month a girl has a privacy. It's when she has owies and needs special bandaides. It lasts for 7 days and it is not fun." He counts down my "privacy" days because he doesn't like it. "Mom, you only have three more days of privacy!" How does he know, you may ask? All because I was at Walmart once when I was trying to get him to hurry because I was having an emergency concerning that and he saw me run into the bathroom when we got home. I had to explain so he wouldn't worry. Too much information??? Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment