I took Lukey shopping for ideas for his birthday present. He really liked this bike because it has a fake spedometer that makes a revving noise. That's what we bought him :)
I've been great about exercising every day but the weekend. The kids and I like to jog (I push the stroller and Lukey rides his bike) around the trails and to the park. The weather stayed nice clear til the middle of May this year so we really got to enjoy the outdoors.
Lukey likes to carry Caleb everywhere and take him down the slides. I'm really going to miss having him home with me. We like to test the kids limits by taking them on really long bike rides on the Queen Creek trails. We usually go at night and for a kid, the 6 mile round trip is a long one. Luke was starting to get tired and I could see him slowing down. Then, he started mumbling to himself. He was making up a song that went something like this, "I'm not going to slow down, nothings gonna stop me. I'm gonna make up my mind to be tough" and then he sped off again. When he is whining or saying something is too hard, I like to tell him that he has power to change his attitude. He can choose to be the lion and not the mouse. It's moments like these when I feel good that something may be sinking in.
Hannah loves life. She gets excited and happy easily. She loves the park and the slides. The other day she got mad at me about something. To this day, I'm still not sure why she was mad. But, nevertheless, she was angry and crying. She kept telling me that she was mad at me and wanted to run away forever. Luke then asked her who would tuck her in at night when she was tired. That made her change her mind. Tucking in is a big deal at our house. Every kid looks forward to being tucked in, even my almost 9 year old son. They each get a song and a good tuck with a kiss. My tuck-ins are so good that it gives the runaway child pause :)
This cutie loved going down the slide with Luke. He's such a smart boy. The other day, he slipped and fell on the tile next to the sink. It was wet and I hadn't realized it. The next day, I washed his hands and set him down on the tile again and this time he carefully bent over and touched the tile to make sure it wasn't wet each time before he took a step until he was safely on the carpet. I remember Joshua or Mercedes doing that exact same thing once as a toddler.
Caleb loves his daddy. His face lights up every time Jon Mark walks into the room. He gives him fives and pounds. He can say: hi, bye, night night, ball, mom, da, and he mimics other words too.
I gave Luke a haircut this week. He moved and I cut his ear. Not only that, but he ended up with a really short buzz cut. He wasn't happy and missed his hair. I told him it would grow back and every morning since he checks the mirror to see if it's longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment