Thursday, August 20, 2015

2 Milestones



Two milestones have been reached in the McAvoy household. The first one I was hoping would never exist. We had gotten lucky so far with not having to deal with this. Luke came to me with a bloody napkin and he was asking me to "get it out". I didn't know what he was talking about until I looked WAY up his nose. That's when I saw it. It was a bead. He had shoved a green bead up his nose.  I had heard about things like this happening to other families, but never in ours. I would have taken him to the doctor. But Caleb was sleeping so peacefully and I needed to get the kids home from school. Plus, while looking with the flashlight, I saw a slender gap and figured that I could carefully slide something through to get behind the bead and pry it out. I grabbed one of those "unlocker thingys" that you use to unlock household doors (I guess I could use the word "key", but it isn't quite a key). I told him to hold still, and very carefully I got it out of the danger zone. Then, I snapped a picture. I threw the bead away and he cried. 


The second milestone, is this one. My 8 year old son built a series of Lego projects ALL by himself. He read the step by step instructions and figured it all out. I was so proud of him! Way to go, Joshua!



No comments:

Post a Comment