Monday, August 10, 2015

1st Day of School

 The kids were so excited to go to school today. Both of them (along with the others) decided to wake up and get dressed before my alarm clock even had a chance to go off. They were ready in no time at all.

We had french toast and waffles for breakfast (with homemade syrup and whip cream). Then, we had a spiritual thought (something I hope to do every morning--thanks, Vanessa, for your example). I told the kids that I was sending them off to the front lines of a spiritual battle every morning when I send them to school. Perhaps that is a bit dramatic, but I want them to remember who they are and what they are capable of. They are "Saturday Warriors" and I want them to think of themselves as such. Anyway, when I said it, Joshua said, "Yeah, but not so much so at ALA then at other schools because there are more people who keep the commandments at ALA." The school definitely gave me good vibes on Meet the Teacher night, so we are anticipating a great year!

Mercedes looked so cute with her hair done nice, and Joshua looked like a little gentleman with his belt and his shirt tucked in. I got to volunteer in his classroom this morning and I think he enjoyed that. Mercedes had a bit of a rough day, I guess she got homesick and cried. She thinks she will do better tomorrow. She enjoyed the note I put into her lunchbox and Joshua did as well. He said he was glad I wrote a note because every single person at lunch had a note in their lunchbox.



No comments:

Post a Comment