Thursday, January 22, 2015

Picture of the Kiddos


The other day I took my camera out and just took a few pictures of the kids playing.  They look a little unkempt but they are still cute.  Hannah kept saying, "CHEESE!"  Hannah is such a funny little lady, and she has a strong personality.  She reminds me a little of Mercedes at that age.  She has a sweet tooth and has a hard time eating anything that isn't sweet.  While the kids think it is hilarious when she "feeds the floor", I'd rather she feed her belly.  Last night she didn't get any dessert because she didn't eat her dinner and the tantrum carried on for an hour.  She loves her blankie.  She carries it around everywhere with her.  She loves baths and being outside.  She loves doing things to make her siblings laugh, which doesn't take much effort.  She lets me put her hair into pigtails and leaves them in now.  She is great at jumping on the trampoline and at talking.  She repeats everything.  The other day, Papa Haws said hi to Luke and Luke just grunted.  Hannah laughed and said to Papa, "Luke said hmpft." As she mimicked his grunt.  It was cute. 


Luke likes getting his picture taken.  He has a protective and loyal heart.  He would put himself at risk to save another each and every time.  He has some funny prayers.  He always, ALWAYS makes sure to pray that we will get to eat pizza.  He also always prays that mommy and daddy will get married.  I have told him many times that we are married and that we have been married for almost ten years, but he stills prays for it.


Speaking of marriage, the other day Luke, Mercedes, and Hannah and I were waiting in the car for Jon Mark and Joshua at Home Depot.  It was taking them a really long time to come out of the store.  It seemed like an eternity to the kids.  Mercedes finally turned to me and said, "Mom, what if dad got a new wife and forgot all about you?" Jon Mark shortly came out after that comment and she seemed relieved.  I have no idea where she would get such a notion from.  I think some of her friends at school come from divorced families and perhaps they said something to her.  I reassured her that mom and dad would always be married, no matter what.  Divorce is such a sad thing.  The kids really get the short end of the stick. Mercedes has such a big heart and big emotions.  She always seems to feel things 110%.  Whether the emotion is remorse, love, sadness, anger, or happiness.  She feels it all and shows it all 110%.


Joshua is the perfect older brother.  He is responsible and caring.  The other day, Luke had a freak accident at the park and he pooped himself.  I was trying desperately to clean him up (he ended up being pretty much naked because the poopy got everywhere), and Hannah was still running around the park.  It was comforting to see her big brother staying within two feet of her trying to make sure she was safe and sound while I cleaned up Luke.  Joshua is terrified of dogs.  Last week we went to dinner at Mommom and Papa's house.  I was caring the hamper full of food and juggling Hannah's shoes.  He was holding Hannah's hand.  A very big dog came from nowhere and was bolting straight at us.  Joshua let go of Hannah and raced for the house.  I grabbed Hannah and waddled as fast as I could to the house behind him.  I had just enough time to dive into the house and slam the door just as the dog was about to come in after us.  I almost slammed the door on his snout.  Joshua later said that he thought Hannah was safer with me and that he was trying to get us into the house fast by running ahead and opening the door for us.  He was probably right to do so. 




I LOVE this picture of Hannah.  Her big blue eyes and expression shows so much of who she is.



No comments:

Post a Comment