I haven't posted in a month because I can't upload any pictures. I don't know why. Jon Mark? Please help me!!
I have pictures from 2 months ago. Arg!!
Anyway, I'll just update without pictures today.
So, the other day Luke woke up from sleep screaming and crying. I went to the kids room to see what was wrong. But, by the time I got there, I saw Mercedes holding his hand telling him that there was nothing to be afraid of. She said that big brother and big sister were right there next to him and so he was safe. Mothers like to hear such nice things.
Luke was so sick this week. I spent 2 nights in a row holding him and alternating between showers and sitting on the bench outside (he had croup). It was awful. He was gasping for air and I was trying hard to not panic. Earlier in the week we had taken Hannah to the urgent care down the road because of a really high fever. We know that the bill for that will be pretty expensive, so I didn't want to have to take Luke in if I didn't have to. So, we stayed up pretty much all night for two nights. He was so bad. I took him to the doctor who gave him some steroid treatments and new breathing treatment medicine and he is doing fine now. Modern medicine is such a blessing. While I stayed up with him through the night and listened to his breathing, I felt so helpless. I had done everything I knew how to do for croup, and nothing was working. I felt like a crazy person watching his lips to make sure they weren't turning blue. I gave up trying to get any kind of sleep because every time I closed my eyes all I could think about was what if I fell asleep and he stopped breathing. Those kind of thoughts do not allow for sleeping. I prayed a lot. Finally, his fever broke and he was able to get some rest on my chest. I'm so thankful that I have been taught to pray.
Mercedes is also sick. Poor girl coughs so much til she gags herself and spits up. She begged me to help her. Again, I was helpless. I did everything for her that I knew to do. I finally asked her if she'd like me to pray with her. She agreed that that was what she wanted. I'm not even kidding, half way through my prayer I heard snoring. I looked down at her and she was OUT. Completely and utterly asleep. She had been going crazy not being able to stop coughing long enough to fall asleep, and then just like that, she was out.
Hannah may have broken her thumb today. I was trying to find my car keys when Luke took Hannah into the garage. I think he was trying to be helpful. He knew we were getting ready to go and I think he was trying to load up into the car. Well, he shut Hannah's thumb in the sliding door of the car. It was so sad. That door is fickle. Sometimes it works and other times you cannot get it open--at all. On my first try, I couldn't open the door and I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to. Her thumb was stuck. But, fortunately, the second try worked. Her thumb looked so horrible. It still does. I have seen her move it a little, but it looks like it may be broken. It was bloody and blue and I almost felt faint, but I pulled myself together and was able to help her as best that I could. She's upstairs sleeping now. She is such a cute little girl. She has learned to say certain phrases that her siblings say and they are all self-serving. In the cutest (and possibly most annoying, demanding voice possible) she shouts things like: "Let me out!" "I want some!" "This!" "Put sockies on!" Etc. But, on the other hand, she has learned that sometimes yelling for what she wants doesn't always get her what she wants, so her new thing is putting her hands together beneath her chin and in the sweetest little voice she says, "please?" And, it is hard to say no to that. She doesn't like being left behind for anything and she is quite a smart little lady. She knows when she is being jilted.
Joshua loves playing outside. I feel like I never get to see him. The moment he finished his homework, he is outside playing. I was like that as a kid, and I'm thankful that we have a home located in a place where he can play outside safely. I do miss him, though. He is growing up so fast, they all are. Yesterday, Jon Mark and I were having a conversation (that later turned into a water fight) about the kids and dating. Suddenly, my kids went from being little kids to 16 year old trouble makers all in the blink of an eye. Funny how that happens.
Well, that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment