Today was the first day of school. I have mixed feelings about that. I miss my kids. I like having them all home with me. I like the noise and craziness, even though sometimes it can be stressful. I love being a mom. But, as time marches on, I find that they're slipping through my fingers and they are growing. They just keep growing. It makes me feel blue. I'm happy, too. I guess that's why the term "bittersweet" was coined.
Mercedes was so nervous and excited. She was tired of waiting all morning and kept asking me when she would get to go to school. She was sad that I didn't let her wear the outfit that she wanted to wear. It looked so grungy though. We finally settled on this one. She wanted an Elsa braid. I gave her one. She looks so grown up.
Joshua tried to wear his Storm Trooper outfit. I made him change. He's such a responsible and happy kid. He told Mercedes not to worry, that she would love school, and that he was just a hallway away.
Joshua took this picture of me and Mer.
Mercedes took this picture of me.
Joshua rode the bus with our new neighbor, Hailey.
These two are goofy.
I don't think I have officially announced it on this blog, but I am expecting our fifth child in March. You can kind of see me emerging belly in this picture.
Luke was sad. He'll have his turn to go to school soon enough. I am going to enjoy having him home with me as long as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment