Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tidbits to Remember

Joshua: Joshua was so excited about Jm's surprise birthday party. He wanted everything to be perfect. As Jm was walking in the door, he realized that no one had hid the donuts. So, he sneakily did it right as Jon Mark was walking into the room. He's also quite the athlete these days. To earn another donut, he ran a mile in 100 degree weather, he along with Sawyer, Luke, and Barrett.

Mercedes: I already posted quite a bit about Mercedes in the previous post. She had a 9th birthday party. She's been hard on herself about her emotions. I try to explain to her that her emotions are big, but when controlled, she will be a force to be reckoned with. She's a self-reflective girl who repents really well. She's sweet and responsible, quite the rule keeper still.

Luke: He likes that he has big muscles. The other day in church his shirt was buttoned wrong. Jon Mark had to unbutton it to fix it. I leaned over and whispered, "Careful or the girls will see your muscles." Then, he smiled wryly and said, "I don't mind if the girls see my muscles." He's a good boy. The other day a kid from school called to talk to him on the phone. The kid kept using the Lord's name in vain. Luke, very kindly said, "please don't say that. Say, oh my goodness instead." The kid said he'd try not to but then he did it again. Still, nicely, Luke said, "you have a habit of saying that. You need to say oh my goodness instead." He is a leader and the other kids follow him. He helped Hannah today to learn her letters. He was patient with her. He was sad that Barrett couldn't play today because Sawyer was sick. We went and played at Vanessa's instead and that was fun.

Hannah: She likes to draw and she likes to jump on the trampoline. She draws me pictures a lot, just like how she used to give me shiny pebbles to let me know she was thinking of me. Today, I told her that she couldn't let her little cousins touch the new flower garland I made for their room. She said, "Jaz will listen to me. Lily might listen to me. I will try my hardest to get Evelyn to listen to me. I will say, do not touch this, my mom said we cannot touch this. But, she will probably not listen to me. I don't really know. John will not touch it because it is girly and he hates girly."

Caleb: He asks to fight with Jon Mark the moment JM gets home from work. He has to clear the whole floor first, and is a little OCD about it. He sure loves his dad time. He doesn't say "what... the... heck..." anymore. That's sad to me. It was so cute! He is very serious a lot of time and wants to be the boss of everyone. He likes to play rough. He doesn't like being called the bad guy. Sometimes Hannah will say, "you're bad" when he makes a mistake. He cries and says, "I am NOT bad Hannah!" He also says he's not a good guy because he is Caleb, or Cub depending on his mood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment