Jon Mark: Jon Mark is rocking it in the dad and husband department. He's a perfect match for me and such a great father and provider. He compliments me often and I never have to wonder how much he loves me. He's patient with the children and often spends many evenings playing with them outside after work. We love playing soccer as a family and recently took up a fondness for capture the flag. He leads our family in activities both physical and spiritual. He's the head of our home and does his duties with love and tenderness. He's supportive of me and my running, he works out alongside of me. He shows me respect and demands that the kids do the same. I love him so much.
Ralae: I've been running a lot and I've completed three runs this year. I injured my ankle two days before the Ragnar, Jon Mark gave me a blessing and blessed me that I'd be able to participate in it anyway. The day of the race came, and my ankle allowed me to run two of the three legs. Jon Mark said that when he said those words in the blessing, he was doubtful. It was sprained pretty bad. But, it showed me that the Lord cares about the little things as well as the big things. It was a good experience for my kids to witness. When I sprained it, I was crying pretty hard. Luke and Hannah were crying too. I asked Luke to say a prayer for me. With tears streaming down his cheeks, he said, "Mom, I already did." Then, he made me a card that said, "I love you mom, I will never not love you." I gave my ankle an ice bath and it was so cold. He went and got a towel and started rubbing the outside of the metal bowl and told me he was trying to make it warmer for me. What a sweet boy he is.
Joshua: Joshua is such an easy going child. He always has been. He doesn't rock the boat and is quite pleasant to his brothers and sisters. He doesn't like the summer work I have been giving him, but he's done his best and it shows. His attitude towards it has improved too. He's gotten much better at football. The other day he caught a really long pass! He's worked hard, but I think it surprised him a bit. Recently we went to the McAvoy's house to swim. As we were pulling up, we saw Papa on a bike with another man. Joshua looked at me and said loudly, "Are you even allowed to have friends at that age?!" On the last day of school, I picked the kids up early. Joshua wasn't expecting it and he told me later that it was the best day of his life. The other day, Joshua wrote me a love note and made my bed and put the note on my pillow. He was embarrassed that I found it before he went to bed. It was so sweet. I love notes from my kids.
Mercedes: What a sweet young woman she is turning out to be. She is so gentle and attentive to Cub. I trust her to take care of him when I am doing other chores around the house. She's patient with him, and quite loving in her reprimands. She gets baptised next month and she picked out a dress that to her appears to look the most like a wedding dress. She's beautiful in it. She loves art and roller skating. She went ice skating on a date wit Jon Mark and did very well. She loves her little sister and dresses her every Sunday morning for me. She reads to her at night and sings her songs. She refers to herself as big sister. The other day she exclaimed, "When Jessica takes me to Build-a-bear on my 21st birthday, I will tell everyone there that it is my golden birthday!"
Luke: I wrote quite a bit about Luke at the top. He's a sweet boy. He loves me so much and is so kind to me. He told is teacher that he loves his mom because she's pretty, but she is prettiest when she's at church. He has such faith and prays for help in his daily activities. He is caring to his younger siblings. We went to the Tucson temple open house yesterday and I told him to watch after Hannah. It warmed my heart to see them walking around with his arm around her shoulders and her arm around his waist. He's a great public speaker and loves to bear his testimony and help with Family Home Evening. He loves the Lord and wants to do what is right. On the day he graduated kindergarten, he kissed the palm of my hand and told me that it was a kiss to last me all day until we were together again.
Hannah: She is growing up before my very eyes. What a cutie she is! She writes her letters sooo well. She is smart and fun. She loves to sing and dance and make treasure maps. She tells me that the treasure is in my room and that it's golden, like money. She colors in the lines, and sings passionately to Moana. She got her blood drawn a few weeks ago and didn't cry at all because she told me ahead of time that she was going to be brave like Moana is brave. She even laughed and said that her blood looked like juice. She is helpful and sweet with a huge heart and sensitive feelings. She makes me pages full of letters, usually XHA and tells me it's a shopping list so that I don't need to make one. She tells me to fix her hair like a butterfly and I know that that means pigtails. Today she told me she wanted to look like an elephant, that meant one pigtail.
Cub: Caleb is so cute and quirky. I LOVE his many expressions. His scowl into a smile, his laugh, his sideways glances, his eyes when he spins, his cries when I wake him too early from naptime. I love that boy. He's so funny. When there is an action scene on TV, he acts it out. He falls to the ground like he's been shot and rolls to dodge bullets. e shoots monsters and bad guys. He killed a fly the other day after much trying and stalking. He was so proud of himself. He turned around surprised, hoping someone had seen and then started clapping for himself. He talks a lot! In sentences! He gives kisses and I love his snuggles. He keeps me on my toes. He likes to dump full boxes of cereal and pour cups of juice onto the ground. He's curious and fun. I love him.



No comments:
Post a Comment