Monday, April 3, 2017

McAvoy Happenings in March and April


The other day I was on a website reading an article. I accidentally clicked on a video advertisement and a series of photos flashed by. All of a sudden, I saw Mercedes. The same picture was sent as a mail out advertisement advertising ALA schools. She thinks she's famous now. It was really kind of funny to be watching something random and then see my daughter flash across the screen. Vanessa got the mail out flier and saved it for me requesting her autograph :)


Joshua made me this when he was in 1st grade. I don't think I ever documented it, so here it is.


This pretty lady likes getting her hair curled. After every bat she begs me to put curlers in her hair. She sleeps face down on her arms to make sure she doesn't mess them up.


I think Cub took this picture.


Cub climbs on everything. Nothing is safe. I came downstairs and found him on top of the counter enjoying a bowl of cereal. I'm not sure if it belonged to one of the older kids, or if he managed to pour it himself. My guess is that it was a forgotten bowl and he took to the leftovers. 


The other night I took an allergy pill that had an adverse effect on me. I had insomnia like crazy and watched the sunrise without a minute of sleep. I painted all night long. 

I painted Rapunzel.


I painted a strawberry.


Some flowers. I don't like the way this one turned out, but I'm documenting it anyway.


I painted Belle.


A ballerina. 


An empty tomb.


A snowman.


Rapunzel again.


This is me holding Jacob. I love holding him.



Here are some notes of things I recorded over the last month or so. 

Caleb found some of Joshua's storm trooper toys and got excited. He looked at me and started to hum the Star Wars theme song. He's a stoic little guy who makes everyone laugh at the way he walks. He swings his arms out at his sides and walks like a little muscle man. Hannah wanted him to play house one time and I tried to help him. I said, "Hannah is your mommy right now. Say Mommy, Mommy." He replied, "football, football". When we went to the store last week, I let Cub and Hannah walk next to the cart. A pager went off over the intercom and made a beeping noise. Caleb perked up, grabbed his arm to make it look like he was holding a machine gun and went searching quite confidently for the noise and whoever was making it. It was so cute. Then, he started making motions like he was shooting at something. Later, our fire alarm went off. We had Mark Gardner staying with us. Caleb was very worried about the noise. Mark grabbed a broom and turned it off. Cub was so happy he started clapping and saying, "Yay, Mark!" He still hates the song "I Am A Child of God" and cried every time someone sings it. He associates it with bed time. He loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
He said "sit down" to me the other day when he had woken up early. I placed him on the couch next to Joshua while I tried to sleep for another 30 minutes, he didn't want me to go back upstairs and he pointed to the couch next to him and told me to sit down, so I did. We read books.

Hannah is a funny girl. Sometimes at nap time, I go jog around the soccer field next to the house. I show her where I am going to be and then I ask her to repeat it. She watches a show while I jog. She didn't want me to the other day. She told me she'd be scared. I showed her again that I am right outside of the house and she can come get me. She said, "But, what if there is a monster?". I said, "well, if there is a monster, what can you do?" I was expecting her to say that she'd come get me, but instead she rolled her eyes and said, "fine, I will just kill the monster with a sword." Hannah is always thoughtful. She is always finding me a shiny pebble every time we go outside. She tells me that she finds the shiny pebbles when she is thinking of me. She gives the smaller ones to daddy. As we passed by the temple she told me that it was pretty because it had a giant trophy on top (the Angel Moroni). Hannah likes walking to the park and pretends that leaves are tickets to ride in the wagon. She needs a hug every time she in trouble and has such a tender heart.

Luke told us at dinnertime that everyone in the family had a special power. He said his power and mine and dad's are kindness, Hannah and Caleb's are being cute. Joshua and Mercedes power is making the family laugh. He says really thoughtful prayers. The other day he prayed that he'd get better at football and that he'd like it. I think his prayer has worked. He enjoys practicing with Joshua and Jon Mark. The boys have gotten pretty good. He was student of the month recently and is excelling at school. He loves physical touch and needs lots of hugs and kisses. He's pretty tenacious at football and is motivated easily by the idea of keeping score and earning stickers.

Mercedes was in heaven all weekend. We had the Gardner's here with their three girls. She loves playing house and is good to include Luke and Hannah. She really wanted the leprechaun to come this year, but he didn't come. She was disappointed. JM told her that sometimes leprechauns are mischievous and don't leave candy but leave trouble instead. The next day, she walked into her bedroom and saw Joshua sitting on her bed surrounded by candy wrappers (Mercedes hordes her Valentine's candy). Joshua thought he was caught and started to say something when Mercedes exclaimed, "That stupid leprechaun! He came and ate my candy!" I was listening in the laundry room and I heard Joshua stammer, "Uh, yeah, that stupid leprechaun!" Stinker!  Mercedes went with me to Women's conference and held Jacob for quite a bit of the session. She wasn't intimidated wen he cried. She just held him tighter and put his pacifier in his mouth. She was so proud of herself when she got him to stop crying. She turned to me and said, "I'm going to be such a great mom someday." Indeed you will be.

Joshua has improved so much with football. JM and Nick are his coaches. Jon Mark works so much with him outside of normal practices and I have been so proud of Joshua for the effort and determination that I have seen in him. Jon Mark asks him, "Do you want to be good, or do you want to be great?" Joshua always says, "great!". He told me last night that he wants to make a goal to read two verses of scripture a night and memorize them. He says he's had that goal for awhile but he forgets. He's a good boy who wants to do what's right. He's got a quick sense of humor and makes everyone laugh with his quick wit. 

Jon Mark is coaching football and balancing work with church callings. He's a great father and an awesome husband. He makes my life so happy. He's so kind and generous. He knows how to make me feel so wanted. He makes me laugh and supports me. He is such a great gift to me. I'm so thankful to have him in my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment