Monday, September 19, 2016

Mercedes Moment

I was tucking Mercedes into bed when she shared with me that she had been shown a video by one of her aunts that showed two men kissing at the end. She said, "I knew it was wrong, so I made the decision to look away and not watch that video anymore." I talked with this aunt, and she had no idea that the video showed that. The video was clean and quirky, but she had turned her head for the final few seconds of the video and that is when it happened. I said to Mercedes that we live in a time when unfortunately a lot of people are confused and they will try to tell you that certain things are okay when they're not. I was sorry that she had seen that, but she did the right thing to turn away and stop watching it. I told her that we are blessed to have a living prophet who will guide us safely on a path of righteousness in a confused world. I told her that she can trust her church leaders, her family, and the prophet, because we love her and won't lead her astray. She took it a step further and said, "Yes, but mom, Heavenly Father wants us to love the confused people and to show them by our examples how they should live." She's so right.

No comments:

Post a Comment