Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fun with PIXLR!

 I have had so much fun with Pixlr recently.  It's an online photo-editing sight that is like putting your photo on steroids.  Jon Mark thinks it's cheating, but I think it's creative fun.  It's still my creative editing, so it's still my work.  I don't see the harm.  Anyway, my dad has been writing some wonderful novels.  He's completed two and is beginning to think about a third.  Just for fun, I played around and made him the two book fronts that he may or may not choose to use for his cover.  I painted an African landscape and then did some photo editing.  The original painting is a combination of red and orange and yellow hues with the trees as black silhouettes.
 Believe it or not, it is this same painting in both photographs.  I just edited them differently.  I did the one below in landscape orientation, and that isn't ideal for novels, so then I changed the orientation to portrait.


This photo of Hannah is precious.  Lindsay took it, and then I had some fun with it.


This is just another painting I did of Joshua a few years ago (I can't believe it has been so long).


In our new house, I plan on enlarging this one of the kids and cousins and then I will hang it in the bathroom.   Left to right: Barrett, Sawyer, Luke, Mercedes, Elena, Lily, Joshua, Casey, Bekah, Tyler, Braden, and Meili.  Not pictured in Hannah, Evelyn, John, Vanessa, Ralae, Lindsay, Michelle, and Grandma Haws.  It was a fun spring break day.  We tried to do something fun every day that week.  The challenge was to spend as little money as possible.  So, we painted Michelle's block wall with washable paint.  We had a water day with water balloons and sprinklers.  We had a movie day.  And, we had a mud day at Lindsay's.  The kids weren't too keen on getting dirty at first.  You want me to sling mud?  You want me to stomp in mud puddles?  You actually want me to get filthy dirty?  Yes!  We do!  After I threw some mud, the kids really gave in to their inner wild child and had a blast.  Clothes were thrown away, and so was most of their underwear.  They were so muddy!


 I like this picture, even though it may be vain to say so.  But, I think I look quite mysterious as I gaze so photogenically into the sunset!  HAHA!  Another fun take at Pixlr.


What else is going on???

Luke poops on the toilet about 20 times a day.  I think he likes to reward I give him, so every chance he gets, he goes into the bathroom and tries his hardest to squeeze even the tiniest little turd out.  It's both funny and annoying.  But, he is so proud of himself.  

Hannah is learning how to walk.  She is quite good at standing unassisted and I believe that it is only a matter of days before she takes those exciting and precious first steps.  She's the fourth child, but it never gets old.  Each new milestone is a new victory, and I can't help but find such complete satisfaction and joy in my children.  

Joshua learned how to tie his shoes.  He's been in football and so Jon Mark took him out to buy shoes that he can run in better.  They are big boy shoes with laces.  So, my very patient husband taught him how to tie his shoes.  He does it well.  Recently, Joshua said to Mercedes that she doesn't need to be afraid of all that will happen to the earth during the time in which Jesus comes again (we were watching conference and something was said regarding the tumultuous calamities that we will face).  He said that the good people will be lifted up on the clouds and that the scriptures say it will rain fire on the wicked.  Then, he said, "Mom, I think I know how that will happen.  I think that there is going to be a gigantic meteor shower or comet shower. 

Mercedes is learning how to say some really great prayers.  She thanks Heavenly Father for all of the people in her life and names them.  She tells him how much she likes flowers and colors.  They are very thoughtful prayers.  She has also taken a liking to teaching Hannah how to walk.  And, I suppose she will get full credit for when Hannah finally does walk.  She likes to hold her little hands and walk with her around the room.

Jon Mark is doing well at work.  We feel so blessed to be working at Jackson White.  It is a wonderful firm with a great atmosphere.  He is good at what he does and I am thankful that he is such a great provider.  

The Lord continues to bless our family in these chaotic times.  Much is happening in the world in terms of wickedness and moral confusion.  There are a lot of natural disasters as well.  I am so thankful for a living prophet who guides us.  I a can see the hastening of the Lord's work.  We were told in conference that even though the world is ripening for destruction, the strength of the church will continue to grow in direct proportion to the evil that is happening all around us.  Now is the time to choose which side we are on.  We can not merely sit on the fence.  The Lord is hastening his work.  He is at the helm.  As long as we are on his side, all will be okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment